Bluefin remap on S3?

Matt2010

Reaction score
I just got my S3 this afternoon :)

I want to remap it (stage 1 for now) but want to do it myself via a switch so can return to stock if needed if it ever goes back to dealers.

I'm assuming like other cars i've remapped, its a case of plugging into OBD port, wait for 8 mins or so and be scared by warning lights that show on dash while its working away?!

I've searched here and it seems Revo & Bluefin are the 2 to choose from (correct me if i'm wrong) but Revo don't have a switch unit??

My S3 is a 2010 with DSG but i've read that it can wear out the clutch quicker - is this the case with DSG version and should i be worried about anything else?

Revo do a switch, but you have to go to a dealer to get one as far as i know and from what i understand they are a pain to get hold of, bluefin ovb so a switch, Shark Performance do a switch as well, any questions about that talk to N8 on here also Evolve Performance do a switch, im running their map on my S3 and ill vouch for its quality as mine was running at 319bhp after the map (plus CAI) and the power delivery is very smooth and has totally transformed the car

Revo do a switch, but you have to go to a dealer to get one as far as i know and from what i understand they are a pain to get hold of, bluefin ovb so a switch, Shark Performance do a switch as well, any questions about that talk to N8 on here also Evolve Performance do a switch, im running their map on my S3 and ill vouch for its quality as mine was running at 319bhp after the map (plus CAI) and the power delivery is very smooth and has totally transformed the car

Cheers, used evolve for my last 2 switches and waiting to hear back from them.

The Revo switch only tunes down the map settings so that it emulates the stock map i.e. if Audi took the car for a test drive they would not be able to tell that it has been remapped but if they were to interrogate the installed code they would see that it was not Audi's map, i'm not sure about the other maps mentioned but the Bluefin definitely re-installs Audi's original map from the handheld unit.
What I would say though is that Bluefin is generally regarded as being the worse map to have, I personally have Revo (plus the switch) and overall I am very impressed.

Cheers, used evolve for my last 2 switches and waiting to hear back from them.

ah so you know imran and the guys then, this was the first time i dealt with them as i was recommended to them via a friend and have to say am seriously happy with the car!

as has been said bluefin actually puts the oem back on the car.
there are other option similar to bluefin such as dream science but as for if they are any good i could not say

as has been said bluefin actually puts the oem back on the car.
there are other option similar to bluefin such as dream science but as for if they are any good i could not say

Dreamscience do not tune VAG cars only Ford and Vauxhall, just for info though I had Dreamscience on my Focus ST and it was fantastic!

Fr-rtuning also do the self tuning system which allows you to switch the original audi map back on. £305!

i have bluefin on my A3 2.0t and its great yeah its not as aggressive as revo and alike but the car runs so much smoother than it does with the oem map

yeah sorry about that i just know they sell a similar product to bluefin never looked it to the stuff to be honest

I have the GIAC on mine with the hand held controller, i have race and stock but you can also have valet and kill for i think an extra £30 each. Mine was done at Autograph in Burnley and like you all say it makes my S3 smoother all round, i currently have nothing else done to it but i do have plans !!!
Mines an 09 car with manual box, 48k miles no clutch issues yet

some audi dealers will do the mtm map which will not void your warranty if thats what your worried about , its on mine and is amazing !
330 bhp around 20k since re-map was done and no issues with clutch ...............or anything else for that matter just big smiles ...........

The sales guy told me about Audi mapping - how much did you pay for it?

ah so you know imran and the guys then, this was the first time i dealt with them as i was recommended to them via a friend and have to say am seriously happy with the car!

Sent you a PM jungleman :)