AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Wipers moving when car is OFF!

Hi

I have had my car around 3 months now from new, and i keep coming back to my car and the wipers are half way up the wind screen, the first time i came back to this i thought some T**T had moved them a common thing in Cyprus, but it is becoming more and more regular, even when my car is in my garage.

Any ideas what this could be ?

How do i go about it, i can hardly see audi taking my car in and waiting for the wipers to move ?
    Audi A3 1.4T - Manual - Ambition - Ibis White - Sline Interior - Sline Spoiler - 18" RS6 Alloys - Xenons - Black Styling Pack - Sports Suspension Pack - Flat Bottom Multi Funct Steering Wheel - Piano Black Inlays.

Audi A3 1.4T - S.Tronic - Ambition - Brilliant Black - Sline Interior - Sline Spoiler - 18" RS4 Alloys - Xenons - Alu Inserts - Sports Suspension Pack - Flat Bottom Multi Funct Steering Wheel.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Huh?

So you park the car up, turn the engine off and the wipers are in the normal position. Then you return to the car and the wipers have moved to the middle of the windscreen?!

Your car is haunted!!!
    Currently driving a 55 plate Ford Mondeo ST. But as Arnie once said...

I'll be back!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Thats exactly it everything is off i go out somewhere, come back and they are in the middle of the windscreen and i know they are not being moved by someone as it does it in my garage as well!!!!

What do you think is the best way to go about this with audi ?
    Audi A3 1.4T - Manual - Ambition - Ibis White - Sline Interior - Sline Spoiler - 18" RS6 Alloys - Xenons - Black Styling Pack - Sports Suspension Pack - Flat Bottom Multi Funct Steering Wheel - Piano Black Inlays.

Audi A3 1.4T - S.Tronic - Ambition - Brilliant Black - Sline Interior - Sline Spoiler - 18" RS4 Alloys - Xenons - Alu Inserts - Sports Suspension Pack - Flat Bottom Multi Funct Steering Wheel.

6th Gear

Status
    I'm guessing by your sig and it being a 1.4T that it's a relatively new car?

Take it back and get them to sort it if that's the case! Just tell them the problem and they can investigate it

I'll be back!!!

Neutral

Status
    im from coleraine, norn iron, but live near swindon
    I've heard of this b4 on a car with auto wipers! It was a fault within the system that kept a charge in it and continually went off, hope this maybe sheds some light on the issue

1st Gear

Status
    got to be haunted or got any ex girlfriend's that youve pissed off?

sounds like they are "un parking" like when you nudge the stalk down when u take the key out. (valet or cleaning position)
    could something in car be falling onto the stalk after youve walked away. (sat nav holder??)
    current -
    07 A3 TDI 170 quattro
    rnse,leather,auto lights & mirrors,bose,sunroof,xenons, etc

previous-
    06 A3 2.0TDI sport quattro - rolled & gone
    06 A3 2.0T sportback dsg leather - gone
    06 A3 2.0TDI sport -gone
    01 1.8T GTI -gone
    01 A4 TDI 130 - gone

1st Gear

Status
    Nope nothing like that at all, car is brand new ( 3 months old ) and i dont have auto wipers either. Just really baffled as to what audi are going to say or do.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by will-i-a-m View Post
    Nope nothing like that at all, car is brand new ( 3 months old ) and i dont have auto wipers either. Just really baffled as to what audi are going to say or do.
    Take it back and find out. It's their problem to deal with if it's only 3 months old!

I'll be back!!!

1st Gear

Status
    i would love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation... "It doing what??"
    current -
    07 A3 TDI 170 quattro

previous-
    06 A3 2.0TDI sport -gone
    01 1.8T GTI -gone
    01 A4 TDI 130 - gone

6th Gear

Status
    As pi quattro says, this is the "servicing" position. After you turn the ignition off, blipping the switch down (the wash/wipe action) will move the wipers half way up the screen so they can be lifted without fouling the bonnet.

I think you'd have noticed if you'd hit this by accident yourself so I sounds like there's a problem with the switch and it's effectively doing this itself. Out of interest, do they randomly wash/wipe whilst you're driving too?
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pi quattro View Post
    i would love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation... "It doing what??"
    It's like taking the car back and saying "it moves by itself, but only when you don't look at it"....

I'll be back!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Audi service desk - whispering on phone - "Code red, Code red, we have a nutter here, Call the men in white coats!"

hehe
    current -
    07 A3 TDI 170 quattro

previous-
    06 A3 2.0TDI sport -gone
    01 1.8T GTI -gone
    01 A4 TDI 130 - gone

1st Gear

Status
    HAHAHA - thats exactly what im thinking there gonna to look at me like what is this pleb on! - but i will take it back and see what they say. And nope they dont move when im driving only when the cars off.

Thanks for all the help guys

Audi driver since Dec 08

Status
    It seems your car is hinting that his wiper blades need changing! Have you checked them for wear?
    .: 2005 Dolphin Grey A3 2.0 TDI Sport :.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by heeman10 View Post
    It seems your car is hinting that his wiper blades need changing! Have you checked them for wear?
    I thikn i have only used my wipers once or twice most as i picked up my car at the end of august and even tho it is November it is still 25 degrees here in cyprus so we have had no rain! so its definitely not the wear

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Its supposed to do that, read your manual about parking the wipers so that when you wash the car you can lift them clear of the windscreen....As vertigo said.
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.

Audi driver since Dec 08

Status
    Not when they're left in the park position, and stay in the park position once you've removed the key, got out, and locked it, paddy!

Fossie

Status
    'Her' wiper blades !!!!

Audi driver since Dec 08

Status
    Terribly sorry Mike, you sexist *******!

Fossie

Status
    Terribly sorry Mike, you sexist *******!
    Apology accepted !!! lol