Strange problem with climate unit ?

L e o

Reaction score
Hi all,i've just noticed a quirky problem with the climate control - when i first un-lock the car and then open the door the LED's on ONLY the Econ and Auto buttons are glowing at full brightness,then when i start the car they go back to their "normal" brightness ? It does'nt do it all of the time and the LED's only light up on all of the climate unit after the ignition is switched on which is normal ? Strange one eh,hope my climate unit is not on its way out ! - anyone got any ideas or come across this before ? Thanks in advance :cool:

A.T.B Leo

It is a bit odd, ive never heard of it before. The fault probably lies in the unit itself. TBH, unless you can get a cheap one off ebay I'd live with it until/if it get any worse.

do you have acess to another climate unit, or vagcom, what year is your car?

Dont have access to another unit or vagcom - its a 2007 S3

A.T.B Leo

It was registered in July 07 Nigel - you've seen this before ?

A.T.B Leo

No mate, but if yours has the later system then you could stick a facelift climate in there, of which I have available, whats your vin no. & reg, pm mate then I can check as dont want that advertised on the forum, another way to check is to remove the glovebox & show us a pic of whats behind then I can confirm that way, does yours have heated seats?

Yes mate,i have the heated buckets :sm4: What month/year did the face lift unit come in ?

A.T.B Leo

Mid to late 07 so yours maybe possible.

damn straight slim, pm link as wanna see what go for, not interested myself as issy has her sights on my money these days.