Power Fold Mirror Fault.

Iain 750

Reaction score
Im having a little issue with my power fold mirrors, intermittantly when i turn the switch to open my mirrors only the passenger side one opens, this has only happened a handfull of times but i find it really annoying.
Any info appreciated,Thanks.
Iain

They do seem to give problems. Is this with the engine on or off?

Engine on Heeman.Speaking to the previous owner he had a similar problem but it was with both mirrors not folding out and the car had a new ECU fitted under warranty to solve the problem.

only problem ive heard of is the folding speeds, mine are fine anyway do you have acess to vagcom? and does the driver window work when the mirror refuses to fold out

Drivers has been an issue for a while on 8P's through the years, but not on all cars, as the mirrors work on resistance to stop power being fed to the motor iirc, I speculated the mirror fitment/spring was dragging it so the module thought ok its fully open or closed thus cuts power, also note its worse sometimes when folding with engine of as reckon its not providing enough current to the door modules, if under warranty dealer will swap the door module/s out or mirror itself mate, but some live with it as its not all the time.

tbh since i got my car teh only time i have used the folding is when i tested the retrofit

Its only happened 4 times since i got the car in sept but it is out of warranty so looks like i will be living with it.
Cheers guys much appreciate your help!

Can always swap out your door modules, wont be cheap, what age is the car?

Also if it happened before fella, then its still under warranty imho for the work & part at least for 2 years, worth a check with dealer tbh fella who did the last socalled fix.

Its an 05 reg. when it happened before neither of the mirrors would fold and windows didnt work so it was repaired under warranty by Teesside Audi who have a really bad reputation at the mo!
Will give them a ring and ask a few questions 2moro.

I can source door modules for this if need be, would be the 1st port of call for this fault tbh, audi charge £140-£180 per side, think can find cheaper if need be.

Its only happened 4 times since i got the car in sept but it is out of warranty so looks like i will be living with it.
Cheers guys much appreciate your help!

Audi repairs have a 2 year parts and labour warranty. if the repair was done less than 2 years ago then take it back

Sometimes my passenger mirror doesn't fold out but that hasn't happened for a while!
Not a huge problem, as it's once every few months, if that. Bet it does it tomorrow now

Anyone seen an off white drivers door anywhere lying about, know someone who wants to inspect it :p

haha, ive two prefacelift door modules for everything autodim heating and folding id take a reasonable offer on them

Gets things whiter than white

dazTablets_01_IL.jpg

My 05 and 08 SE's use to very occasionally not fold in or out again when entering or exiting the garage.

A few seconds wait and they would then operate as normal !! Never got it sorted but a few times i nearly took the mirrors off on the garage door frame.