Drivers side mirror poor visability when raining

HartleyHare

Reaction score
Hello to everybody, I'm new to this forum.

I have a 60 plate A3 sportback S Line, I've noticed when its raining hard that a lot of the water from the front screen drains straight onto drivers side window making it impossible to see anything in drivers side wing mirror. Not good when changing lanes :w00t:
There are rain channel plastic sides on the windscreen but these don't seem to work.
Does anybody else suffer from this ? Had a VW Golf before an no problems with that.
Thanks in advance.

If you think thats bad just wait until you open your window if its rained recently, have your brolly ready.

my 54 did this and so does my 55 reg. it's not a new problem.

Use "Rain-X" or other such glass treatments on the side glass. It causes the water to bead and you can see through it quite easily.
Completely fixes the issue of seeing the mirror in the rain (but not of getting soaked when you open the window to exit a car park with your roof full of standing water......)

Yeah just give it a good clean! Washing it will help, using a form of polish will help more (provided you buff it off!), and a wax or similar will make it better still. If it's left dirty, all the molecules on the glass will trap water droplets and blur the reflection.

As someone has already said use rain-x, it can be bought from halfords for £5 or £6 i think and its an awesome product. I used it on every car ive owned since i first discovered it at a motor show years ago. Water beads off all by itself especially at any speeds above about 40

Thanks for all your replies, I have some rain x so will give that a go.
Guess the designers disn't test it in a wind tunnel !

i remember you from when i had my 5th golf n was posting on there all the time :)

lol aye i think a3's are ten times the car golfs are but i still like golfs. just audis have that more special feeling to them