interior light playing up

khalil

Reaction score
hi all more problems

when i run the engine and
when i open the drivers door the interior light dont light up,
works when the passenger door gets opened,
any ideas please

Door lock microswitch, try manually pushing the lock mechanism up & release with handle, some wd40 may help to clear some gunge mate, well known issue, if fails try removing lock, opening it up & checking microswitch position & clean, I have done this before.

Removal is cake, but refit is slight pita, but once tried few hundred times its now a doddle :)

As far as I saw the boards were soldered very well, so dont think this is it, but certainly test full functionality whilst its of & its just 2 bolts on the side of the door mate where it locks, it has a plastic lug straight piece that locks into a hole in the lock mechanism, this is the pita piece that ****** you of, but not impossible to refit, once done then you'll remember how to do each time, but make sure you test full lock functionality when refitted as in door handle, exterior lock with key etc before putting all back.

For me your microswitch has got either stuck from gunge or its ********, I do have a drivers lock for sale if need be.

thanks for your help mate,
yep as soon as i push the lock mechanism a little up the lights come on, and IF i have the sidelights on the "buzzer" also sounds, tryed cleaning it but not sorted, looks like i have to open it up,
if the micro switch is gone, how much u looking for the lock mechanism mate?

TBH mate I reckon you can fix it given the mechanics ofd the part, if not then my door lock can have for £30 or so, but try fix 1st, what years your car?

its on a 54 reg,
is there a tiny switch which is not working? asking cause when i push the lock mechanism i can hear i tiny click and than it works, but soon as the door shuts and i open it again, its back to square one

Then would work on yours as the locks of a 54 aswell.

Yeah its possibly dislodged something or the mechanics have slightly moved out of alignment, just remove lock & all should be revealed.

thanks mate, will look into it in the weekend,me pretty sure its the mechanics cause when i have the door open and i push the lock to lock and release it with the handle the lock dont seems to release fully,

oh another problem me just noticed is that if i have the headlights on and i off them (to sidelights) they take around 5secs to go off, do you know what that can be?

thanks mate, will look into it in the weekend,me pretty sure its the mechanics cause when i have the door open and i push the lock to lock and release it with the handle the lock dont seems to release fully,

oh another problem me just noticed is that if i have the headlights on and i off them (to sidelights) they take around 5secs to go off, do you know what that can be?

'me just noticed' , and 'i off them' !!! :wtf:

lmfao yeah I read that exactly the same, also WTF

Could be your headlight switch is dodgy, what switch is it as I have 1 spare aswell.

cheers buddy (carefully typing now lol)
is there anyway to check if its faulty?
the switch i have, is the basic one ie no DRL nor autolights, has foglights though

You could try checking measuring blocks in 09 with vagcom.

Switch I have is 8P2941531L, your part number is on a sticky label on the switch.