Audi A3 Split Grill 05 plate

Harry2221

Reaction score
Hi guys Ive recently purchased an audi a3 on a 05 plate 2.0tdi s-line 140 sport with a tiptronic automatic box with paddle shift :s

I have searches some posts on here and have seen that a front end conversion to the new single grill is available however a new bonnet is required etc. Is the anyway to purchase an aftermarket straight fit from other companies and if so has anyone had much experience or images with fitting issue?

also the car has come about as it needs a new gearbox and im bordering on replacing with a new one at a cost of around 2300 or purchasing a second hand one for 900 any ideas or suggestions?

thanks
regards
Harry

the 2.0 TDI only ever came with DSG didn't it?

there's loads of OEM parts around for the front end swap. don't buy aftermarket - the only exception being an FK grille

Second hand one should be okay mate.... I dont my front end conversion and there are no aftermarket bonnets and the original cost me alot! from tps they arent cheap but i reccomend buying it new.

There is an aftermarket bonnet on Ebay, I saw it when I was looking. But it wasnt that much cheaper than TPS tbh so I didnt bother but I really wanted to keep OEM as you may have issues with fitment and alignment. You can pick up a second hand bonnet, try Ebay or breakers.

the 2.0 TDI only ever came with DSG didn't it?

there's loads of OEM parts around for the front end swap. don't buy aftermarket - the only exception being an FK grille

Theres a lot more manuals than DSG thats for sure!

Like you say, just the grille is acceptable, second hand facelift parts from scrap yards or ebay are best bet. I was very lucky and got mine the correct colour too!

if your looking for the standard one piece grill (dark grey with chrome surround) i'm selling one at the minute

Have you asked around at any gearbox places to see what the cost would be to refurbish the gearbox you already have, it's usually not as expensive as people may think.