EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    6th Gear

Status

leaking intercooler pipes

just had to replace one of my bottom intercooler pipes due to metal part of if given up and noticed the other one has oil round the out side of it ...am i write in thinking if it's leaking oil it will be losing boost ?

going to order a new one any way....
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm (NEEDS A NEW MAP)

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Yep, if they are passing oil it will be leaking pressure also, although probably not enough to notice any power loss.

When I got my TDI I was surprised/horrified to see that Audi are still using the same stupid design that plagued the old A3 platform, I've worked on quite a few TDI Renaults and they never seem to suffer pipework failure, because the pipework is held together by clamps not daft spring clips.

4th Gear

Status

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

Neutral

Status
    there not any better realy and a waste of a 100 buck, they still use the crappy style clips.
    18" RS4 Wheels, EBC Grooved Disc, 45mm Lowering springs, R-Tech stage 1 Remap, EGR removed with map out, 187bhp 320ft lbs torque, Black grill , Westfalia detachable tow bar.

4th Gear

Status
    Go for the ths intercooler and look at the pipes you get with that

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    TBH the leak you would get is so minimal it probably wouldnt make any difference to the boost unless you can feel it yourself, also most liquids can get through most gaps eventually no matter how small, just get some new seals for the joints as I did on mine, its prob just these need replacing, clean up the oil, job done, may also be advisable to get a catch can to keep as much oil out of the pipes as possible.
    Last edited by NHN; 18th November 2010 at 19:24.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    TBH the leak you would get is so minimal it probably wouldnt make any difference to the boost unless you can feel it yourself, after most liquids can get through most gaps eventually no matter how small, just get some new seals for the joints as I did on mine, its prob just these need replacing, clean up the oil, job done, may also be advisable to get a catch can to keep as much oil out of the pipes as possible.
    Where did you get the new seals from ? Is it main dealer only?
    18" RS4 Wheels, EBC Grooved Disc, 45mm Lowering springs, R-Tech stage 1 Remap, EGR removed with map out, 187bhp 320ft lbs torque, Black grill , Westfalia detachable tow bar.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Dealer

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK