a3 aftermarket drl?

marnie2k

Reaction score
hello guys i have been looking at some of the posts about people fitting aftermarket drl's to their a3's and im considering getting some but before i do i would like people opinions on them and if it is worth it? im sticking with my a3 for a few years now whilst i am moving house so maybe it may be worth it. do the aftermarket drl's look decent? do they have any problems with the a3's bulb warning system and trouble cutting the lights off? thanks anthony

have heard of people having problems with the warning system but some havent. but also sure that the warning can be turned of with vagcom high beam left and right warning i think it is

i know but rarther spend all that money i would rarther go and buy one .... i sold my 2009 r32 which i had 6 months from new so i could buy a house after christmas and i bought my a3 so i only want to do mods that are within reason so i dont haveto spend mega money otherwise just go buy a facelift a3 or sumet ........ so u think the drl's are a waste of time ?

i know but rarther spend all that money i would rarther go and buy one .... i sold my 2009 r32 which i had 6 months from new so i could buy a house after christmas and i bought my a3 so i only want to do mods that are within reason so i dont haveto spend mega money otherwise just go buy a facelift a3 or sumet ........ so u think the drl's are a waste of time ?

honestly from what ive seen yes, better to spend money on a prefacelift bixenon conversion which would look great and save the bodywork required with the facelift

Personally i dont like the aftermarket DRLs look extremely tacky IMO

how much did your fron end conversion cost ?

you will be in the range of 4k mate, i bought parts new etc and got deals that wont be done ever again ;) but im super fussy and was doing all that for paint hardness when i plan on getting the car ventureshielded anyway

The facelift front end is coming round to me a little now but I still prefer the pre-facelift as the styling matches the rest of the car (ie not sharp angles like the new front end). The photo in P5SND's sig does look very impressive though! Although I think the new facelift looks best in S-line and S3 though (the standard Sport/SE's don't look quite as good for some reason IMO).