Calling all Facelift owners for a small favour

PH1L

Gievf Buckets
Reaction score
Any chance you lads who have cornering/adaptive could check the coding in your adaptive modules for me

55. Xenon Range
> Coding
<value>

Any help as always is appreciated as its the last thing holding my car off the road, if anyone knows the coding procedure for a set of brand new adaptive lights by all means please post

Phil

So what exactly is the problem Phil? *Goes to get stethoscope.....*

haha well in a nutshell mate my car came specced with adaptive lights, so ive bought brand new ones from audi and fitted them up, the central electrics is coded for the led lights and the intrument cluster is coded for adaptive as it should be. The problem is when i try to code the adaptive modules in xenon range (they currently have 0000255 in the coding on them, meaning uncoded i presume) with 0000020 (audi a3 with steel suspension, not mag ride or convertable) it comes back with the coding being rejected as the value is out of range (note im logged in with security login of 02000 for coding). Did you retro adaptives to yours or just plain bixenons?

First of all did you fit the module I told you about that resides by where your left knee is when you sit in the car??

the light control module, not fitted a new one yet im thinking thats the cause was hoping to get away with it ill check the p/n on it tonight

In my recollection, this has a blue plastic connection bit.

Don't forget Phil that yours is a facelifted A3 not from factory so there can be a range of 'issues' that can include how it has been wired, coding etc.

Your CE may highend then but will need to be coded differently though, have you added 32 (I think it was) to it?

it is 32 you add mate, i didnt have to as im already specced with it, this blue plastic connection bit you speak of?, what is it / where is it located, sounds like the answer im after

I had to add 32 myself, the blue bit I'm on about is the colour of the light module connection bit so that's not your answer! :laugh: Unless, you don't have this specific module that is...

Also, try coding for cabrio and see if it helps...

ill try a few out tonight you could you get me the number of your light module mate :) ill check out mine tonight

Cheers for your help so far, knowing its possible on prefacelift makes me feel better

not sure if it was me bud but maybe! ill check it all out tonight when i haveat the coding, again

after checking the wiring diags it seems the pinouts are slighly different pin 3 being the biatch getting a 2010 wiring schematic tomorrow to confirm what im switching and adding as ive only got up to 09 and this is the very latest revision of lights fresh off the line in germany doo look gorgeous though

Also bear in mind prefacelift xenon headlight connectors have ten locations while facelift LED xenons have 14...

this is the wiring im reffering to, which would explain why the lovely little units wont code. still not sure how i can see em in vagcom etc, anyway hopefully a rewire should sort it out, how are you enjoyingyour new lights Dean cornering any good this time of year?

Lol, cornering is absolutely wonderful especially this time of year as with the DRL's! :laugh:

ahhh hopefully tomorrow night :) never got near the car tonight was chasing wires inside a s-class amg tonight which had a frazzled sam

No worries mate, finish yours first before doing another! Good luck, Lemmie know if you need sumink else..

thanks mate, whereabouts are you based anyway? feel free to take the answer to pm

The prefacelift standard bixenons & adaptives used to use different levelling controllers, namely because xenons/bixenons were not canbased unlike the adaptives, so you must make sure this has the correct adaptive module & can wiring to suit, also you have to tell the CE which headlight type you have, also on prefacelift bixenon/adaptves it moved to a 14 pin arrangement so has to be wired to suit, aswell as adding the 32 afs coding, it may well be same for facelift aswell & afaik it is.

im not retroing adaptives my system is already wired and coded for adaptive (ive checked this) its just a case of adding and repinning what the facelift adaptives require which should hopefully remedy my problem, as always ill try and get my solutions posted up

cheers nige & dean

Yes I actually did scroll up to recap mate after remembering sometime back you mentioned it already had adaptives, dohhhh, so sounds like a simple repin to suit, assume you have the K or P CE module on the car that allows the headlights to be selected with led drl's & you have fitted the correct module 55 to suit as it shouldnt & iirc wont code without this being fitted fella.

Also I assume you dont get any can errors within the module 55 for each headlight, as if so this would stop coding for sure as not seeing them connected properly.

Whats your module 55 part number?

no can errors mate, i think im just missing a common earth for them need to study the diags just another thing for the bucket list the two adaptive modules on the headlights are the correct bifters and i think my lighting module is suitable so i geuss i may find out tomorrow the ce is up to the task as you can see from my sig

Well seems strange if the module 55 is not showing faults, then it should code fine if all other modules coding took with no hitch, out of interest which part no. is your module 55?

I think you will need the new module above mate, then if the wiring was done correctly you'll be good to go..

im gonna go ahead and mail a coupla breakers as the unit is 150 new im hoping to get away without it completely

Tell me about it lol! Also, try eBay.de as well Phil as you might be hard pressed to find it at a breakers..

well ive just paid for all the lights new so im skint, will do bud ;) what letters are compatible with facelift adaptives?

I had single xenons before and the module started with 8P but now starts 41... as fitted to facelifts (according to my dealer) don't have ETKA myself so have to trust him implicitly and he has not steered me wrong yet...

4L0 907 357

According to my etka, **** lol ill still reire as i need to anyway hopefully it works, however i am now hoving doubts still worst case i get a new unit

That IS the part Phil! Must have misread the paperwork...

Yeap etka shows it as dynamic so its adaptive no problem upto MJ09 with a pr code of 8Q5, should work fine, so me thinks your wiring needs a jingle.

it dues but its being a bitch finding where it all goes pin 3 seems to be the wire in question im digging in tonight ill post up some pics in the morning if i cant work it out

cheers lads

Pin 3 of the headlights you're referring to? If so then this goes absolutely nowhere on an 09 8P according to elsa.

Buttttttttt, whats strange about this is, elsa never mentions (in my experience) pins that are not in use, but elsa shows the pin 3 but no link to anywhere, which is very weird, elsa also changed in may 09 for headlights which I believe coincides with the new CE, so going forward to say 2010 pin 3 it also shows the pin but goes nowhere.

which is what has gotten me confused, maybe something to do with them making adaptive control common across the board?

Ok so let me get this straight, you got brand new headlights with all components fitted or did you get parts together with the new shells & build, as if all your wiring is correct, the CE is ok, the levelling module is afs, your coding is all ok on all other modules, you have entered security access ok in 55, then I cant see what the issues would be except for wiring or you've missed something with module wise we're not being told about lol.

spankers from the dealers, built them myself, all connected fine etc havent rewired anything in the headlights yet, the only outstandin thing seems to be that pin 3 which is blank, all the other wires tie up with the right colours etc at the plug end, im thinking it has to be my 55 module cant get enought time to strip and look at it though its driving me nuts i have to be sure before i go and shell out another 160 sheet

exactly nige cant understand why its letting me read the codes and not write the codes into the 55 im thinking that the ikd 55 unit must be the point of change here