EM TuningJMB Retrofits

Thread: colours

Reverse Gear

Status

colours

I realy dont know what colour to go for when i get an audi i like Akoya silver, Dolphin grey or Ebony Black swaying slightly towards Dolphin grey. or any other favorites u suggest it would be intresting to see what colours people prefer.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: colours

Depends on the model.
    Personally I found that on the sportback the dark colours (black, dark greys) kind of spoilt the lines of the car. The 3 door is easier in that respect. Akoya seems to be a popular color for many people.

Reverse Gear

Status

I agree with synthdood that with a dark color the lines of the sportback are not that nice shown as with light color. Despite the fact that i ordered mine in ebony black. Liquid blue is nice too. (not in de car configurator, but it is in real)

Reverse Gear

Status

larsa you got any pics of the car in liquid blue?

Neutral

Status

I always find that very dark colours need cleaning more often than colours like blue etc etc. I had a Golf GTI in black many years ago and swore never again. Still IMHO!

Peter

Neutral

Status

Brilliant Black for me. The most beautiful colour of them all.......if you are prepared to put in the work. Otherwise the biggest pain in the arse!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm prepared to wash it everyweek with a polish and wax every month, in fact not only am I prepared to do it, I enjoy it. The monthly 4-5 hour polish/waxing sessions are a great upperbody workout too! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Calibos said:
    Brilliant Black for me. The most beautiful colour of them all.......if you are prepared to put in the work. Otherwise the biggest pain in the arse!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm prepared to wash it everyweek with a polish and wax every month, in fact not only am I prepared to do it, I enjoy it. The monthly 4-5 hour polish/waxing sessions are a great upperbody workout too! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I too am a sado thats more than happy to spend far to much time on cleaning my car.

Gives me an excuse to get out of the house for a few hours...

Plus if you use a decent wax, personally I use Zymol Concours wax, then they stay quite clean for a while...

J.

1st Gear

Status

Another ebony black car here [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

yak
    2nd Gear

Status

Yeah, brilliant black here also. Needs cleaning all the time, but certainly worth it - when clean [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

- Yak

imported_neilsafc2

I have Moro Blue and when clean looks the business but can be a pain to keep clean, it looks almost black at the minute. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

I really wanted black but had a black golf b4 it so i went for dolphin grey,no regrets really suits the car.

imported_unkle

Personal choice was Dolphin Grey, a really understated colour, I hate the chrome trim around the grill on my A3 but the grey colour lessens the impact of it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]