Audi Guarantee Warranty

gazcallyt

Reaction score
Guys,

Got extended warranty on the A3 which came with it when we brought it, Its due for its 40,000 mile service, my mate owns a garage and buys audi approved service parts to do the job, audi's warranty dept are telling me if an audi dealership does not carry out the service they "could " void the warranty if we were to claim in the future due to somebody else carrying out the service, anybody experienced anything similiar.

Gaz

This is not the case. As long as you use 'genuine' Audi parts (including oil) then you can have it serviced anywhere without voiding the warranty. Just keep all the receipts to prove it.

The EU Block Exemption rules changed all of the servicing and warranty requirements about five years ago, so as a consumer you now have a choice of who services your car. As long as you document the work properly then there won't be an issue.

Stratts is correct, but I don't think this extends to goodwill. Audi told me that if I get my car serviced at a VW dealer (more convenient and cheaper) that I can kiss goodbye to any potential goodwill - and VW own Audi :banghead:

So basically it depends on how old your car is and whether it has any latent defects, which you are obviously unaware of !

Generally the 'goodwill' element occurs if the car is out of warranty and something happens that could be argued should never have happened in the first place.

You have to weigh up the odds of that happening against the saving of not using Audi for servicing.

In practice, from reading posts on here, goodwill payments seem to fall into the category of a postcode lottery !

To be honest if you are using audi approved parts and the garage you take it to is vat registered and legit, I cannot see what the problem is, just because you have it serviced at a dealership doesn't always mean they are going to do a better job, in my experience of main dealers its a case of getting as many numbers through as possible and usually they always forget to do something, or they misplace a nut or washer.

Gaz.