JUST A HINT OF HELP PLEASE PEOPLE!

marnie2k

Reaction score
yep that one will fit no problem, only thing i would say is its a tad expensive considering what the newest RNS-E would cost you you might be better holding out for one of those?

personally if i could afford it i would go for the new rns-e unit but the older one is a very good piece of kit which i intend to invest in sometime in the future when i can afford it :(

ohh dont get me wrong, older one is great bit of kit....its what i have, sat-nav, bluetooth all great features

so basically that RNS E i have mentioned will fit my car once i have done the dd conversion ? i emailed the seller and he said "this will not fit your car, you need to purchase the RNS E with the black knobs"

what is all that about?

search through my posts mate..... i have just done the dd conversion on my car and have the gap where my rns-e has not been bought yet. i have the facelift dd conversion any rns-e will fit

what do you mean the facelift dd conversion? ive just ordered the part numbers which was supplied by the forums? will i be ok with the RNS E i have bought? thanks

just to update i have now bought this RNS E Audi navigation RNS-E A3 S3 DVD 2010 GPS sat nav on eBay (end time 09-Dec-10 21:46:23 GMT)
will this still work fine? thank you anthony

Yes should work fine - you'll need the adaptor though I think.

AUDI RNS-E adapter A3 A4 A6 Diversity antenna 0141 on eBay (end time 06-Dec-10 14:19:49 GMT)

You'll also need to code the car (or get someone with VAGCOM to do it).

You may want to look at SDS too if you have bluetooth car prep. Simple enough to do given the project you are taking on.

hmm apparantley the people who i have bought the RNS of say all i need is what comes with the unit so i will be again if i get stuck :) thanks for help :)

After a certain year the quadlock connector is part of the cars loom but on older cars like mine and perhaps yours you need the adaptor connector, maybe they are supplying it too though i never saw it mentioned in the advert.

ah not to worry i will get one if i need it :) hopefully plug and play :) best of luck to me and my conversion this week

After a certain year the quadlock connector is part of the cars loom but on older cars like mine and perhaps yours you need the adaptor connector, maybe they are supplying it too though i never saw it mentioned in the advert.

MY07 onwards cars have the quadlock connector

I was once where you are now, (single din concert) and you'll deffo need a quadlock adapter as stated, new buttons, climate control and GPS antenna. (if you haven't got them already).

Best advice is take your time doing this and to have all parts needed and you'll be laughing at the end! :thumbsup:

yep its not an eas retrofit but if you take your time and follow instructions it can be, and its deffinately worth it!

yeah im looking forward to it got my dad to give me hand when all the bits come i will let u know how it goes :)

you'll be grand its not as hard as is sated, might be worth adding the bluetooth module while your at it and have everything out mate thats what i did

aint got enough pennies just yet with chrsitmas coming up i will get the bluetooth kit after crimbo though :) and the cd changer :) i noticed on the instructions of the RNS E install the radio adapter has 1 extra slot for another wire ? what goes in the extra slot ( the white part ) ?

The adapter is used to make the radio tuner to work properly, original wire plugs onto there...