Chris NottVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

Steel wheels and winter tyres

I've been offered some 17" steel wheels with winter tyres off a 2009 A4. Question is will they physically fit on my S3, will they alter the speedo reading and will they look naff. I want winter tyres as i found the S3 to be quite rubbish at stopping in the snow last year
    2008 S3 Phantom Black

2. # ADS
    ADS

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Not sure if the 345mm discs will clear the steelies, possibly.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Neutral

Status
    If they are off a B8 chassis car (which I assume the 2009 model will be) then the centre bore will also be 66.56mm vs the 57.1 of the 8P A3 - not a massive issue (set of spigot rings) but the offset may be too aggressive

If you don't take them up - I will probably be interested as I need some winter tyres for my A5 - now that was sh1t last year - no quattro & 255 section tyres on a 9j rim

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the answers. I looked at them today and they're actually 16" not 17" so they're definately no good. IanMcA3 if your interested i can put you in touch, they are Nokian 205/55/16 M+S tyres. Quattro is good for setting off but i found stopping to be the hard part hence the search for winter tyres. I've found some Toyos for 128 each, Falkens for 115 each or Semperit for 154 each all in 225/40/18 92v, i used Semperit M+S when i was in Germany so i know they're good
    2008 S3 Phantom Black