Dne the most stupidest thing ever.....

jav786

Reaction score
Take a guess?

only gone and locked my car keys in the car :(

55 plate audi a3 1.9tdi sport...

Was getting some bags outta the boot but i locked the doors with the key and used the key to open the boot popped the keys on the parcel shelf in the back took the bags and stupidly closed the boot.. by the time i'd noticed where my keys were.. it was 2 late.

can anyone help :(

Call AA/RAC as they have tricks to pop the doors iirc from someone telling me.

i have membership with aa just called them out?
my cars parked up at a mates and ive cum hme, however my mate who was there when the guy cme said he cnt get em out.
Im preety sure hes being serious :(

AA will just jimmy the door open with air cushions, sorted!

afaik there are ways of opening the s3 without forcing it and without a key try googling it

Did this get sorted? There is a way to get in but not posting it on an open forum.

Knew it I wouldn't mind a pm on it too mate, definitely on not to post on the open forum

If I did the same thing, all I would need to do is get my second key and open the car. If you don't have a second key I think now is the time to get one. A dealer may be able to supply one based on the VIN number. Take you registration document with you to prove you are the owner.

If I did the same thing, all I would need to do is get my second key and open the car. If you don't have a second key I think now is the time to get one. A dealer may be able to supply one based on the VIN number. Take you registration document with you to prove you are the owner.

i thought you needed more than that. don't you need 2 forms of ID and something like a bank statement or recent utility bill to prove where you live? Mercedes even have to send something off to Germany. it's a right faff.

I don't think so. I think all you have to do is prove that you are the registered owned of the car with that specific VIN number, which having a copy of the registration document should do. Where you live is irrelevant as Audi would not know that anyway.

Easy to check - phone an Audi dealer!

I've just phoned my local Audi dealer and they say all they need is a copy of the V5 registration document and a copy of the owner's driving licence for cross reference. They can then order a new key and it takes 5-6 days to arrive. A copy of a utility bill to confirm the owners address can also be useful but not essential.

i thought you needed more than that. don't you need 2 forms of ID and something like a bank statement or recent utility bill to prove where you live? Mercedes even have to send something off to Germany. it's a right faff.

dont think so mate youve gotta wait for a green key to come seperately from the key from germany which lets the car code a new remote ;)