Xenon question for anyone who has them

Detector

Just waiting for the green light
Reaction score
7 months ago I had Xenon headlight option for the first time.

I've noticed on bumpy roads it looks as though low beam is on rubber mounts (or something is loose on both lamps).

My question:, has anyone else noticed this or have I got a problem ? it's been like it from new.

It could be because the xenons are more focused & the edges of the beams are less diffused. I thought mine were flickering after I retro-fitted them to my 8L A3 but when on a ASN run, a former member Mark checked and said they were fine.

Yes the xenon plus headlamps on my A3 are the same - I think it is to do with the auto self-levelling function working overtime on our bumpy UK roads - probably wouldn't happen on the smooth roads in Germany!

European roads are SUCH a dream to drive on, had such a pleasant drive in the summer to amsterdam :wub:

Worst road ever is the one from Berlin to Poland, its made of concrete slabs so every 2 seconds you get a nice bump, bump, bump. I agree that 99.9% are better than ours though i used to do Calais to Hameln quite regularly, 379 miles in 4 hours 15 minutes, try doing that on uk roads.

Last edited:
Might be worth checking the levelling sensor on the front nearside wishbone, I broke mine recently and the lights were all over the place!

I have xenons but my problem is the drivers one intermittantly goes off then when you turn lights off then on again it comes back on.
Some days it doesnt do it at all and other days it can do it 3 or 4 times,Anyone else had this issue cause ive never had xenons before and am a bit lost.
Cheers Iain

If you turn the headlights off & on again quickly it may take 1 second for them to 're-ignite', mine are the same

Mine seem ok and dont bump around!

Agree, all roads are better than ours! See some of the pot holes are back again, what will the roads be like once the real ice arrives then the snow!!!!!!!