JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    4th Gear

Status

Fitting BOSE audio in non bose audi?

I have a 2004 plate a3 and it didnt have the bose system and just had the standard concert single din. Is it possible to fit the whole bose audio system? what would i need to buy if possible.

2. # ADS
    ADS

V16
    1st Gear

Status
    haven't a clue but would be interesting if you could. Bose are good but if you go aftermarket there are other speakers that deliver much better sound and quality if thats what your after.
    Black A3 S-line 2.0TDi
    Mods: Hybrid Turbo - Custom Exhaust - Weitec Coilovers - Tints - Gloss Black Optics Grill - Led Number Plate Lights - Led Interior Lights - S3 Mirrors - Retro Fitted Arm Rest - 09 rear lights - R8 Oil Cap - Phillips Diamond Vision Lights

4th Gear

Status
    Im after good sound quality i would rather keep the car more oem just intrested to see if its actually possible? im sure it will be unless a major loom has to be changed

Gievf Buckets

Status
    Pretty sure its a nono mate as the looms are completely different someone will be along to confirm though

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Status
    You'd need all the cabin speakers as well as the tupperware sub.
    The 6ch Bose amp and all the wiring looms.
    The whole car needs to be rewired front to back including HU to amp and all the speakers back to the amp as well as a new power loom for the amp.
    The non Bose system has a rear/sub amp inside the sub and the fronts fron off the HU whereas the Bose system runs everything from the Bose amp located on the drivers side of the boot.
    It's a lot of work for very little benefit, far better to fit a stealth sub and get a huge improvement while keeping everything looking totally stock.
    dizzythedog.com
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

6th Gear

Status
    don't waste your money. you can put speakers in the BOSE speaker locations because as far as i'm aware all the cars have the cut outs for them.

you're better off going aftermarket, and you'll still be able to keep it OEM.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    I'm not sure if there is more than one BOSE version, but a 54-plate and 06-plate S-Line I have heard (with single DIN Concert radio) don't sound much different to the standard Concert system in my 56-plate TDI (which to me sounds great for a factory setup!). The only difference I've noticed is that the BOSE seems to have is very very heavy bass (to the point of being annoying) on volumes below 10, turning it up louder and it sounds no different to me.

4th Gear

Status
    I have a bass speaker behind the carpet on the passenger side of the rear boot? its quite loud. but my car does not have bose so im guessing they all come with a bass speaker

Gievf Buckets

Status
    Yeah they do

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.