Fitting BOSE audio in non bose audi?

R55 MRU

Reaction score
I have a 2004 plate a3 and it didnt have the bose system and just had the standard concert single din. Is it possible to fit the whole bose audio system? what would i need to buy if possible.

haven't a clue but would be interesting if you could. Bose are good but if you go aftermarket there are other speakers that deliver much better sound and quality if thats what your after.

Im after good sound quality i would rather keep the car more oem just intrested to see if its actually possible? im sure it will be unless a major loom has to be changed

Pretty sure its a nono mate as the looms are completely different someone will be along to confirm though

You'd need all the cabin speakers as well as the tupperware sub.
The 6ch Bose amp and all the wiring looms.
The whole car needs to be rewired front to back including HU to amp and all the speakers back to the amp as well as a new power loom for the amp.
The non Bose system has a rear/sub amp inside the sub and the fronts fron off the HU whereas the Bose system runs everything from the Bose amp located on the drivers side of the boot.
It's a lot of work for very little benefit, far better to fit a stealth sub and get a huge improvement while keeping everything looking totally stock.
dizzythedog.com

don't waste your money. you can put speakers in the BOSE speaker locations because as far as i'm aware all the cars have the cut outs for them.

you're better off going aftermarket, and you'll still be able to keep it OEM.

I'm not sure if there is more than one BOSE version, but a 54-plate and 06-plate S-Line I have heard (with single DIN Concert radio) don't sound much different to the standard Concert system in my 56-plate TDI (which to me sounds great for a factory setup!). The only difference I've noticed is that the BOSE seems to have is very very heavy bass (to the point of being annoying) on volumes below 10, turning it up louder and it sounds no different to me.

I have a bass speaker behind the carpet on the passenger side of the rear boot? its quite loud. but my car does not have bose so im guessing they all come with a bass speaker