Common things to be stolen off an A3?

BigT

Reaction score
Just thought I'd start a discussion as per the title....

What are common things to be stolen off A3's?

I've just gone out to mine to find the front windscreen blades have been stolen??
proper pain in the ***, especially with how bad the weathers just turned,
off to Halfords I go...
now, wheres me waterproofs...?

Wiper blades?! Never heard that one before

Usually people take the aluminium mirror caps off S3's

Alu caps are probably no.1. I've screwed mine in as tight as poss. I bought mine from ebay and think the seller came down and tried to nick em back in the night! Assumed it was him as have had no probs since and no probs before plus he deleted account about 3 days before I found my wing mirrors had been fiddled with.

Alu caps are probably no.1. I've screwed mine in as tight as poss. I bought mine from ebay and think the seller came down and tried to nick em back in the night! Assumed it was him as have had no probs since and no probs before plus he deleted account about 3 days before I found my wing mirrors had been fiddled with.

Nice.....

Would have been if I'd managed to catch him/them ;)

alloys mirrors or the car itself if you own the s3 id say

and if its in an insures yard the gearknob and gaiter :mad:

The annoying thing is the bits will end up being sold on to/used by a car enthusiast.

I had a Mk4 Golf a while back and had the 25th Anniversary body kit stolen once and came back to find the front spoiler partially removed numerous time.

The annoying thing is the bits will end up being sold on to/used by a car enthusiast.

I had a Mk4 Golf a while back and had the 25th Anniversary body kit stolen once and came back to find the front spoiler partially removed numerous time.

It's very true, we all cus the people that steal our cars, but there plenty on these forums that buy the stolen parts from Ebay and ask no questions.

Who's to blame?

Yeah, its a ***** state of affairs, eh?
I can understand why the caps, badges etc...[certainly not agree with it mind]
but wiper blades? haha!!
maybe the credit munch is that bad?

@beanoir: to a point yeah, I do think people get duped without realising it but I suppose there are other avenues to get quality legit new/second hand parts.

lot of stolen RNS-Es kicking about...

I agree - to the point when I drove down to Docklands Audi a couple weeks back to have a look around, the dealership had deliberately removed the RNS-e units from the dashboard.

Slightly off topic, many moons ago when I lived at my folks, some b@rst@rds has stolen the front bumper from my Renault Raider!!!