Noises and loose gears

consilio

Up the owls!
Reaction score
Ok a strange title but I couldn't work out how to describe this.

When starting the car I sometimes get a rattle from the engine bay before the engine fires up. Also in first and second gear when easing off there seems to be a bouncing motion as if there is too much play in the transmission.

Could this be a fault with engine mounts causing excessive movement of the engine? Should they be failing after 37k and

whoops that should have continued to say " .... less than 3 years old"

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

when you switch car off,does it cut out smoothly or do you get a rattle? (dont depress clutch pedal when switching off)

Can't say I've noticed anything but I'll keep an eye on this in future. Would noises at switch off indicate engine mount problems?

Is there a way to check the mounts?

put it in gear and keep making the clutch bite(handbrake on ! ) and get somebody to look at engine to see what mountings have play,less than 3 years old..........take it back dealers.

Well I took it to the dealers and they reckoned engine mounts so they ordered some in and booked in for today. On further inspection they believe it is actually the mountings for the rear diff.

Could this be the cause or my problems? I would have no idea

Rear diff mountings now on order

could be,dealers do waste your money !, they'll keep replacing parts until they sort it,but it'll cost you.

It's under warranty so they can go nuts as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone else had problems with the rear diff mounts?