JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    Up the owls!

Status

Noises and loose gears

Ok a strange title but I couldn't work out how to describe this.

When starting the car I sometimes get a rattle from the engine bay before the engine fires up. Also in first and second gear when easing off there seems to be a bouncing motion as if there is too much play in the transmission.

Could this be a fault with engine mounts causing excessive movement of the engine? Should they be failing after 37k and
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Up the owls!

Status
    whoops that should have continued to say " .... less than 3 years old"

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    when you switch car off,does it cut out smoothly or do you get a rattle? (dont depress clutch pedal when switching off)
    Full leather/19"wheels/cruise/

Up the owls!

Status
    Can't say I've noticed anything but I'll keep an eye on this in future. Would noises at switch off indicate engine mount problems?

Is there a way to check the mounts?

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    put it in gear and keep making the clutch bite(handbrake on ! ) and get somebody to look at engine to see what mountings have play,less than 3 years old..........take it back dealers.

Up the owls!

Status
    Well I took it to the dealers and they reckoned engine mounts so they ordered some in and booked in for today. On further inspection they believe it is actually the mountings for the rear diff.

Could this be the cause or my problems? I would have no idea

Rear diff mountings now on order

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    could be,dealers do waste your money !, they'll keep replacing parts until they sort it,but it'll cost you.

Up the owls!

Status
    It's under warranty so they can go nuts as far as I'm concerned.

Anyone else had problems with the rear diff mounts?

Up the owls!

Status
    Well, had major surgery on the rear diff and the problem is now sorted!