air bag question

hi i fitted an 08 s3 sreering wheel to my 03 tdi,the plug is slightly different there is a lug you have to remove and then it plugs straight in

Does anyone know if the air bag system on the 8p1 is compatible with an 06 sline steering wheel?

Is it the same shape ? It isn't just a case of being compatible with the steering wheel - it needs to be compatible with the airbag control unit fitted in the car.

Airbags changed from single action to dual action at some stage ( not sure when ) so it's important to find out which ones they are.

I would be very wary messing with airbags - they have been known not to go off when needed if changed incorrectly.

all 8P2s have dual action. this includes ANY age of Sportback, and 3dr models from around '05 onwards with the single grille.

anyways, hazzydayz say that the airbag can be wired to go off as per single stage, but i'm not sure i'd want to risk it.

theres still no confirmation that wiring both stages together has enough current to set the airbag off or if both stages going off together has any implication of the airbag going off not that i have to worry now ;)

Cheers guys I think I will just leave it then not going to risk messing about with something that could one day save my life. Shame though cause it will be the only identifier that my car is pre face lift after my front end is changed next week.