Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

how easy is it to install a dvd sat nav from audi in to a concept radio 2009 slot.

both concept and dvd sat nav are double din, and both from audi. do you need any extra wires or convertors in order to get it too work. will the sat nav work striaght away or will i need a extra.
    any ideas or thoughts would be helpful.....

2. # ADS
    ADS

Gievf Buckets

Status
    it will fit fine you will need a sat antenna and possibly a recode (dependant on the extras in your car)

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Neutral

Status
    Hi, I've just done this- you need the following.

Removal keys (7 from Audi)
    Sat antenna (few quid from ebay)
    Someone friendly from the forums with VCDS to code it to your car.

If you give me a bit more info on the car I will try to help whilst all the info is relatively fresh in my memory. If you have a MFSW and Bluetooth you can SDS which makes all the difference to the unit in my opinion (you'll need one of the older sat navs though <2009).

TDI

Status
    Hm I have 2010 and would love to swap out the Concert Stereo for the Sat Nav.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    get it done, lovely mod to freshen the interior though i dont reallly use the nav

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods

Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Neutral

Status
    There are loads of RNS-Es on eBay from Lithuania. Are these any good, as they seem to be a bit cheaper than anywhere else?
    On the driveway:
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0TDi (140) Black Edition (Ibis White)
    Bluetooth/ Folding Mirrors / Storage Pack/ Rear Parking Sensors / Reversing Boot Mat / Deleted Engine Capacity / USB Connection

Delivered on 5th November 2010

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kaedo View Post
    Hi, I've just done this- you need the following.

Removal keys (7 from Audi)
    Sat antenna (few quid from ebay)
    Someone friendly from the forums with VCDS to code it to your car.

If you give me a bit more info on the car I will try to help whilst all the info is relatively fresh in my memory. If you have a MFSW and Bluetooth you can SDS which makes all the difference to the unit in my opinion (you'll need one of the older sat navs though <2009).
    what is SDS?
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Neutral

Status
    Oh and don't you need a Fakra connector for the antenna and some wiring changes if you have Bose?

Oh, the confusion!
    On the driveway:
    Bluetooth/ Folding Mirrors / Storage Pack/ Rear Parking Sensors / Reversing Boot Mat / Deleted Engine Capacity / USB Connection

Gievf Buckets

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratts View Post
    Oh and don't you need a Fakra connector for the antenna and some wiring changes if you have Bose?

Oh, the confusion!
    you dont need a quadlock or fakra adapter if your car is an 09.

and rye sds is something like speach dialogue system (or something like that) basically voice control for the rns

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    you dont need a quadlock or fakra adapter if your car is an 09.

and rye sds is something like speach dialogue system (or something like that) basically voice control for the rns
    ahh right cool.. i have that button on my wheel.. never worked though.. or at least never really tried to make it work
    S

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings

Gievf Buckets

Status
    yep thats the one, what type of rns do you have?

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

2nd Gear

Status
    There are loads of RNS-Es on eBay from Lithuania. Are these any good, as they seem to be a bit cheaper than anywhere else?
    I had mine from Lithuania too, had no problem with it at all but somehow it took 2 days to get to me? Anyway Its been great and was as good as new....

Interior Next!!

Status
    yep thats the one, what type of rns do you have?
    i got facelift but early one so its black button one.. (non chrome)
    S

Gievf Buckets

Status
    you can put the sds hack on if youre interested, drop by vagoc, marcquinvlan has a great link in his sig for a howto

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Just need a sds hack nav dvd which I have the files for, then insert into your unit & it will self update, but this doesnt make it work 100% as it needs wiring for the system aswell.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Interior Next!!

Status
    ok so the SDS hack is basically enabling the voice control? ive never understood why it was on the car but didnt work??
    S

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Cause the button is part of the wheel, they dont make the wheels without the button, so thus u get a free button to play with whilst sitting in jams :P

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Cause the button is part of the wheel, they dont make the wheels without the button, so thus u get a free button to play with whilst sitting in jams :P
    haha!! or when your sitting there and hit the button without realising and it burts your ear drums!!
    S

3rd Gear

Status
    Hands-up how many members 'actually' use SDS with it enabled in their cars? While I have it, never use it - maybe its the east end ('boy made good') cockney accent which it'll never get the hang off!
    You can take the boy out of Essex but not Essex out of the boy...

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I'd go with your latter on that one KP :P

3rd Gear

Status
    yer probably right Nige' me ol china! lol

No Audi but still here

Status
    Sorry for OT. NHN could you please answer my email or pms
    Thanks
    2007 Honda Civic Type R daily. Soon for sale
    1999 Audi A4 1.8TQS - track car project

Neutral

Status
    I use it to enter the destination mainly and to turn traffic messages on and off. Find it very useful and much easier than using the dial to enter in the details.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    not another nige where is my mirror ot post haha

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kkp0897 View Post
    Hands-up how many members 'actually' use SDS with it enabled in their cars? While I have it, never use it - maybe its the east end ('boy made good') cockney accent which it'll never get the hang off!
    As someone with a strong Essex/E.London accent (so I'm told), I have no issue with the SDS. I only use it for my Bluetooth dialling (either saying the number or using the stored names function) and it is fine, unless I speak too fast and then it goes all funny.
    On the driveway:

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by slepy View Post
    Sorry for OT. NHN could you please answer my email or pms
    Thanks
    I have

not another nige where is my mirror ot post haha
    Nah its another Dell engineers are fecking useless post, now 4-5 days going, 1 laptop in pieces & the one that now does work atm was repaired by me today with parts Dell gave me which will probably go faulty at some point knowing dell's reliability, absolute frigging joke to say the least, this is after they promised me back in march to replace both machines for new, never ever touch dell machines, cause service is unbelievably crap & thats a tame word.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    trust me i know mate took me 2 months to convince them the motherboard and hardrive was fried on mine, and geuss who was right in the end....bawbags

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Count yourself lucky Phil, try 1.5 years for these issues, these are studio xps 1340 premium machines with top spec's & premium nbd warranty, they had engineers on them the day after I received the units, then in italy last year where they completely fecked them up not attaching video chip cooler which I had to do amongst other stuff they screwed up, allot more has gone on which resulted in offering me bnib laptop of choice which they rescinded & offered me laptops with 3 inch bigger screens & lesser spec's, now on this stint its who knows how many attempts to fix the issues, I clearly have a case to sue them tbh!

Also, I was entitled to FOC win7 upgrades back in 2010, but cause they offered new replacements these wernt actioned, then they rescinded there offer & I also lost my win 7 entitlement upgrades because dates had passed, its doesnt get much worse I can assure you, arrgghhh!!!!!!!!!!

Gievf Buckets

Status
    ive had 3 of the motherboadrs **** up on me now, so i feel your pain, shoulda invested in an alienware pc not heard of any build issues with them tbh

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Well those cxnts didnt turn up today, another day wasted, another ****ty email sent to Michael Dell, who doesnt give a damn anyway
    Last edited by NHN; 12th November 2010 at 20:20.

3rd Gear

Status
    As someone with a strong Essex/E.London accent (so I'm told), I have no issue with the SDS. I only use it for my Bluetooth dialling (either saying the number or using the stored names function) and it is fine, unless I speak too fast and then it goes all funny.

Jeez Man - knowing my luck it'll probably end up dialing some mo-fo's number that I didn't want to ring and feel obliged to speak with the tw@t!

Gievf Buckets

Status
    its a brick wall mate really is i reckon ive spent almost 2 days worth of hours on the phone to thier foreign "engineers" last time i checked an engineer does a lot more than read off the same ****ing spreadsheet every night

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Mods

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Mine came from there....Its been fine but it still had the poor German bloke who owned it before's address and favorites on it.....Shame , obviously nicked .
    Ibis white Revo S3 and now matching Vivaro LWB HR 2900 :-)

Many people are alive because its illegal to shoot them.