Traction control light on help??

marlowA3

Reaction score
Traction control light is on all the time, when i had car serviced Audi said its to do with brake pressure or summat, if it needed doing it would be £900 which i was like there trying to sting me.
It aint affecting the car apart from wheelspin with the TC not working.
Does anyone have any idea what it could be or how to solve it etc any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Mark

just a thought mate. my brake lights stopped working a while ago and it was the switch. when the switch went it brought my tc light on. the thing is i dont know if my tc was off when my tc light was on anyway i changed the switch and the tc light went off. hope this helps.

Traction control light is on all the time, when i had car serviced Audi said its to do with brake pressure or summat, if it needed doing it would be £900 which i was like there trying to sting me.
It aint affecting the car apart from wheelspin with the TC not working.
Does anyone have any idea what it could be or how to solve it etc any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Mark

This is correct, if it is the brake pressure sensor then it is a very expensive job. The ESP light stays on continiously and nothing happens if you press the switch on the dash. Since the brake pressure sensor has been intergrated into the ABS pump you have to replace the ABS pump which is expensive. You could try a refurbished pump perhaps, roughly £350 or so, then you need to get it fitted, brakes bled etc & get it all coded up again.

i had the same problem but rarther than pay audi prices of £800 upwards + vat i used some one called BBA reman. they re-condition your pump for aroudn £400 and alls you have to do is re-ft the pump and code it to the car and your good to go :) brake pressure sensor is the sensor in the ABS pump... common fault on a3/golf

yeah warranty will cover it. ive seen a few on a3/golf/touran. read the actual value for the fluid pressure on vagcom... bet it says 190 odd bar without you even pressing the pedal.

get a recon pump for it??

re-condition far cheaper than a new unit and much easier plus you also get warranty with them that is what u did :)