Multi Media Interface For Audi A3 RNS-E

a3lover

Reaction score
Hi All A3 Gurus,

I have been scouring through this website & have a requirement for a suitable Multi Media Interface (MMI) for my 2009 Audi A3 which has RNS-E & I intend to connect the following :
- Reverse Camera
- Dension Ipod Interface : 199GW16AC1
- DVD Player
- TV Tuner
- Audi OEM Bluetooth Interface

For those who have this installed, please advise or send me a link. Some website mentioned Dietz & some say Kufatec but I have been unable to find a comprehensive write up from anyone who has installed this their ride.

I already have the Dension Ipod Interface & Cable Harness connected to my current Audi Chorus HU & also the reverse camera

Much appreciated

A3 Lover

for the dvd player you will require the vehicle in motion hack and a multimedia adapter

The 2010 Hi-def ones as far as I know cant be hacked yet along with the SDS. Not sure if there is a hardware option yet like Kufatec does for the old version.

Hi

Thanks for all the inputs, my RNS-E is not the new HD unit but a previous version & the MMI that was posted on ebay only has 1 set of Audi & Video Inputs but I need to connect External DVD Player & TV Tuner & the Dension Ipod Interface so I am not sure if this MMI can acommodate all these devices.

Also how can I hack VIM?

Someone on AudiUSA forums recommend www.vnsmedia.com

multimedia kit but says the reverse camera will need to be activated via pushing TV button.

it will not go into reverse camera mode when you put car in reverse for USA model RNS-E.

Anyone tried this MMI before?

Thanks

A3 Lover

Hi

Thanks for all the inputs, my RNS-E is not the new HD unit but a previous version & the MMI that was posted on ebay only has 1 set of Audi & Video Inputs but I need to connect External DVD Player & TV Tuner & the Dension Ipod Interface so I am not sure if this MMI can acommodate all these devices.

Also how can I hack VIM?

Someone on AudiUSA forums recommend www.vnsmedia.com

multimedia kit but says the reverse camera will need to be activated via pushing TV button.

it will not go into reverse camera mode when you put car in reverse for USA model RNS-E.

Anyone tried this MMI before?

Thanks

A3 Lover

i belive there was a fix for this if you used either a q7 or an r8 control unit

check out vagoc.co.uk theres a handset compatibility list

as for the control unit no idea saw it over on the nav forums afaik it also enabled the tracking lines

Thread Revival!

I want to instal an AV multimedia adapter to my RNSE (newer model) so I can plug my iPhone in and view Spotify while in the car.
Will this adapter do the job?
MULTIMEDIA INTERFACE AUDI RNS-E A3 A4 A6 adapter 0003 | eBay

Will I need to enable VIM for the screen (displaying my iPhone) to remain visible while driving?
How hard is VIM on the newer RNSE?

I bought one of these units from this supplier and am on the second unit. On both units the wiring harness has failed. When initially installed the rear view camera worked fine but now I have lost the video from both the camera and the aux input. When you move the wiring harness the picture flickers and at best I can only get a series of bars on the screen. Anybody had any success with this particular unit?

The thing to remember when buying things is "Quality".

If its too cheap there must be some reason for it being cheap. It's always best to to pay the extra dollar to get something that's not gonna bite you on the backside.

You can get everything through us at Advanced. Just send me a message through the below link with your car details, and exactly what you want to happen in your car.

Contact Us | Advanced In Car Technologies

Cheers,

Tim