New Sline needs attention

TFSI

Born to Fish
Reaction score
My 60 plate A3 Sline with a total of 269 miles under its belt is off back to the dealers on Thursday for some attention.

Since we picked it up its suffered from a heavy thump from the N/S front suspension every time you hit a slight deviation or grid in the road. Large potholes are horrid sounds just like the tyres flat and its hitting the rim.
O/S is firm but quiet, N/S is horrendous. Sounds like the shocker is doing absolutely nothing.

Apart from this little glitch its a good un.

Anybody else encountered similar ???

They haven't left the bump rubbers in the suspension springs have they?

That would make the car feel very harsh. I would be pretty disappointed in a dealer that does this though.

Bump rubbers !!! Are these used for transit purposes to stop any movement ???

Not looked at it myself yet, but will have a look as soon as this torrential rain goes off, are they visible just glancing underneath ???

Will be annoyed myself if that is the problem.

They're being rushed to meet demand. Bosses send a memo requiring production o be ramped up and quality has to suffer. Universal law

Bump rubbers !!! Are these used for transit purposes to stop any movement ???

Not looked at it myself yet, but will have a look as soon as this torrential rain goes off, are they visible just glancing underneath ???

Will be annoyed myself if that is the problem.

Yes, they are put in the springs so the car doesn't bounce around on transporter/boat. You would be able to see a block in the spring coils. It's a long shot but an easy fix.

No, i wouldn't be very happy either!!

They haven't left the bump rubbers in the suspension springs have they?

That would make the car feel very harsh. I would be pretty disappointed in a dealer that does this though.

Good spot Matt. Well done mate. Just had a glance around and theres a chunk of yellow/white plastic on the n/s strut, Cannot believe they left one in. We noticed the thump on the day we picked it up but never having a sline suspension before we just thought we had hit a big pot hole but after a bit of speed ramping with one wheel at a time i very quickl;y realised there was a problem with it.

Not happy at all now, do you think 280 miles of being careful of grids and pot holes will have damaged anything.

Well done again Matt excellent spot.

Im astonished this can happen.

Neglegent and dangerous.
Some ones head should roll.
Completely In-excuseable.

Paul

This is really serious, what kind of monkeys do they have working at Audi dealers in the UK. Dreading having to take my '10 for it's first service as I know I can't use the indy I trust.

Im astonished this can happen.

Neglegent and dangerous.
Some ones head should roll.
Completely In-excuseable.

Paul

I agree, they have checklists - its not rocket science & reading this forum - not the 1st time either!

This is really serious, what kind of monkeys do they have working at Audi dealers in the UK. Dreading having to take my '10 for it's first service as I know I can't use the indy I trust.

A bit scary really. It had 8 miles on the clock when i picked it up so it had gone through a PDI and short roadtest and they had not picked up on it. Every time you hit a slight deviation with the nearside it thudded and we picked up on that quite quickly so why did an Audi technician !!!!! not.

Just hope theres no long term damage else i will have to write a letter of complaint to Customer Services.

As far as monkey's i would say 60% of the workshop staff are basic oil/filter changers gradually building up to the top 10% who will be classed as technicians and can pretty well tackle most things, thats how the heavy truck industry use to work, some of them you would not let near your pushbike let alone your Audi.

Spot the difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NSFront.jpg

OSFront.jpg

Thats just shocking!

shocking fella.... your going to have a word or 2 to them i hope?...

Take it to the dealers tomorrow for a discoloured chrome grill surround and audi badge to be replaced and also to have my bump stop removed !!

Will they bend over backwards to keep me sweet or will they just shrug and say "ah well" got away with it again, i'm ready to kick off if need be !!

If you dont get what you want, threaten to pull your pants down and shat on the floor.

Dealers hate that.

i was about to suggest it - a friend of mine had a ned skoda superb delievered a month ago, and he really complained over the handeling. The had left them in at both sides.

All this sounds par for the coarse from Audi in my experiance...... Now i know that all dealers have problems but you have to ask why audi dealers charge twice as much per hour for their monkeys over Ford monkeys :)

Jeez, people make mistakes all the time so I don't think this is particularly "shocking". I'd use it to my advantage though :yes:

Went to the dealers and they turned it around in 2 hours like they said over the phone, (New grill surround, new rear Audi badge and transit rubber removed.
The dealer i bought from did not carry out the PDI ! The vehicle was built and they sourced it from another dealer a week before i picked it up so they also were not to happy.
This dealer actually apologised for the inconvenience caused by another dealer location.
Went out to the car and they had filled the fuel tank as a good will gesture.
So all in all i am very happy with the service i received and the attitude of the people there.

Jeez, people make mistakes all the time so I don't think this is particularly "shocking". I'd use it to my advantage though :yes:
Bet you wouldn't say that if he had hit a pot hole burst a tire and crashed because he had no suspension on one side.....

Went to the dealers and they turned it around in 2 hours like they said over the phone, (New grill surround, new rear Audi badge and transit rubber removed.
The dealer i bought from did not carry out the PDI ! The vehicle was built and they sourced it from another dealer a week before i picked it up so they also were not to happy.
This dealer actually apologised for the inconvenience caused by another dealer location.
Went out to the car and they had filled the fuel tank as a good will gesture.
So all in all i am very happy with the service i received and the attitude of the people there.

Full tank of fuel would be the minimum i'd want off them! Should ask them to fit an RNSE system as a good will gesture :laugh:

Glad you got it sorted buddy

Bet you wouldn't say that if he had hit a pot hole burst a tire and crashed because he had no suspension on one side.....

I'm not saying people shouldn't be angry Paddy, that's a different thing, I just don't think this is "shocking". As I said, people make mistakes.

Glad you got something out of them at least TFSI.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be angry Paddy, that's a different thing, I just don't think this is "shocking". As I said, people make mistakes.

Yeh quite happy with the outcome, luckily i realised there was a problem on the suspension very early on and because of this it was driven carefully (avoiding grids, pot holes etc) for the miles it covered.
Had it been an S3 in the hands of somebody who knows no different then yes the outcome could have been alot more serious.
Tank of fuel will do for me and as soon as the documentation from the DVLA arrives it will be off to the dealers again for private plates to be fitted.
Never spent so much time at an Audi dealers in my life and this is my 4th A3.

The fear of Sline harsh suspension has now gone, i had visions of my fillings falling out, now its right it rides and handles very very well, firm but quiet and none of the wallowing i had from previous SE,s. Just miss the auto lights, interior lighting and folding mirrors that my old SE use to have.

Yea your right Staz..it just beats me how people like this who prep cars all day can mess this up !! I mean...this is what they do ! And they still cant get it right.
One of the reasons people buy so called quality makes and pay through the nose for basic dealer services like this is because they expect better than this.
I mean when you pay an Audi mechanic it cost you twice as much as a skoda mechanic. They come out of the same school, same group, same parent company so you have to ask what you get for double the money ? and things like this are real bad.
As for passing the buck to another dealership !! jeeez you bought it from them.....it makes no odds where it came from before that. They sold it!What else didn't they check before they put there sticker on it ?? brake fluid ? gearbox oil.......well never mind ! someone else prepped it so its not our fault !! we just sold it to you..........