How lucky am I??

audiv6

Reaction score
Well, what a day lol. was down at a garage that i do detailing in with my dad giving his car a once over and decided to come home around 12 for a spot of lunch so drove my car home.

Had lunch and went back out to the car an hour later with the car absolutely full of smoke and it complete stunk the smell was awful :scared2: First thought was to get the fire extinguisher because i thought it was on fire, no visable fire or anything and smelt like burning plastic.

Looked outside and inside and could find nothing, so smoke out of car we then decided to head back down to the garage and get it pulled in for a closer look.

On the way down i noticed the heater controls were on but no air or heat was coming out just more of the burning smell and a little smoke so instantly thought thats were the problem was lol.

Anyhow in the garage and stripped the glovebox out and found the foam on the top of it had been burnt....

Then i seen this....
63952e56.jpg

344e21b0.jpg

9d985401.jpg

Lol that used to be the plug that went into the heater for the aircon etc...

Im just glad im typing this out and not filling out a claim form :thumbsup:

Any ideas how much this will cost to fix?? :crying:

NICE!!!!!

Last edited:
If it's all OEM I'd expect you to pay nothing. Doesn't matter if it's out of warranty, i'd be writing a strongly worded letter to Audi UK.

If it's all OEM I'd expect you to pay nothing. Doesn't matter if it's out of warranty, i'd be writing a strongly worded letter to Audi UK.

Serious?? do you think that would work?

Pretty fupped of tbh as it could of ended up burnt out

Yeah ring them up and say how scared you were with your young family on-board! Is this what Audi's do? If so next car will be a BMW.....

Get hire car and get it fixed!

Yup, i'd be onto Audi too - its a serious matter that they need to know about as it may require investigation.

Looks near enough like a MK2 golf one! Amazing how they evolve their designs!

Damn! That could have ended a lot worse.

Like others have suggested, you need to get on the phone to Audi, or email a top dog with your pictures.

Thanks for all the replys ppl, does anyone know the correct ppl in audi to talk to like a email or name etc??

Thanks

Email sent will let you's know what the outcome is

Well got a call from Audi Uk and sent them over more pics, they are going to "look" into it so waiting to hear from them not holding my breath tho,

Thanks for all the comments ;)

hi, very lucky there mate. audi must know about this problem. ive seen a few fire damaged a3,s in salvage yards where the source of the fire seems to be from the glove box area and those owners wasn,t so lucky as the fire had spread to the dash/engine bay. good luck with audi uk

Well lads, BIG NEWS.......

Audi arnt covering the car :( in fact they want nothing to do with it.

Apparantelly because it was bought out of the Audi "network" it isnt covered for a goodwill audi gesture.

Also they were trying to save obviously it wasnt properly serviced, which is balls too as it has a full audi history bar one lol. even if it didnt have a FASH it isnt a part of a normal service routine and would only ever be checked if it wasnt working.

What a joke tbh im pretty ****** about that as i think they are using that as a very lame excuse not to help fix it.

:crying:

MMM,as you say I dont remember the fan motor ever being a servicable item.

This is a safety issue, not wear etc. Was your dealer your point of contact? As above I'd contact Jeremy Hicks & tell him you complaint wasnt delt with in a satisfactory matter & your planning to take further ie trading standards & watchdog.

Well I went straight to Jeremy hicks but Jane jones emailed me about the matter, I think I will send them another email.

Will keep you's posted
Cheers Guys

I wouldn't just say that actually, I'd say you're speaking with a solicitor. A non serviceable item has a fault in it that has put the lives of you and your family at risk.

I've dealt with Jane. Shes very approachable, helpful and tbh sorted my issues out promptly. She also rang me back to check things were going ok. Just be nice and not shout, not yet anyway.
Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

Well after many emails and phone calls ive given up, thanks for nothing other than wasting my time Audi Uk.

Got the part from a breakers last sat and fitted it sameday, all good now.