New Wheels

tonz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

After what seems an age I've finally got a set of LM's for my A3. Below are before and after pics. Let me know what you think.
car.jpg

car.jpg
car.jpg

After:
bbs.jpg

Something looks wrong, and I ain't talkin about the fat chicks.

Even with OEM wheels in the first pic, the suspension looks way to high. More Allroad then A3.

Something looks wrong, and I ain't talkin about the fat chicks.

Even with OEM wheels in the first pic, the suspension looks way to high. More Allroad then A3.

Its most likely the camera is playing tricks

Thanks for the interesting replies lads. lol.

Its most likely the camera is playing tricks

This comment is true, my drive is slanted and the other pic is also on a slope, so I think this is the casue of the weird looking stance. Need some better pics but it was raining all afternoon.

Any suggestions on springs, as I wouldnt want too be too harsh/crashy ride.

Paul

Still looks high for an s-line to me. Especially the front.

As for suggestions on springs I can only comment on the Eibach Pro's I'm running. Ride height is about the same as standard s-line (about 10mm lower in fact) but the ride is less harsh.

It sits high because its not an S line, No front fog lights are the big giveaway! Also in the one pic you can see the cream coloured interior mirror and A pillar trim. All S lines have black so it looks like he has put some S line badges on an base model......correct????

I'm so sad for noticing this stuff lol

Lol - Lee_R

You are correct - very good attention to detail to notice this. Its an SE 2.0 TDi with S-line badges, though Fogs and eibach springs are on the to do list.

Lol - Lee_R

You are correct - very good attention to detail to notice this. Its an SE 2.0 TDi with S-line badges, though Fogs and eibach springs are on the to do list.

needs a spoiler and will then look great!

Also as a tip, dont use any nasty wheel cleaners on those wheels as the laquer will come off, i've had a set myself and they dont stand up to road salt too well so keep them clean:thumbsup:

Last edited:
thanks lee,

Could you recommend what I should use to seal/clean the wheels. I will need to get this stuff soon as the weather is getting really bad.

Car will look good once its lowered and a spoiler attached. For springs try Damien over @ DPM.

It sits high because its not an S line, No front fog lights are the big giveaway! Also in the one pic you can see the cream coloured interior mirror and A pillar trim. All S lines have black so it looks like he has put some S line badges on an base model......correct????

I'm so sad for noticing this stuff lol

Lol your not sad Lee. I notice the same things, we either spend too much time on ASN or thinking of Audis ha.