EM TuningBadger5
    Neutral

Status
    im from coleraine, norn iron, but live near swindon

turbo cuts out???

sometimes my turbo just cuts out the car still drives but no real power, usually bout 3000 rpm in 3rd or 4th, just randomly happens, i turn the ignition off and on and it works again, any body had this problem or know what it is? 53 plate 2.0 tdi

2. # ADS
    ADS

Space Cowboy

Status
    sticking turbo vanes or actuator, happens all the time wi tdi's, look at my vnt turbo cleaning thread in the B5 A4 section mate.

it is usually limp mode caused by overboost which resets each time you start the engine. Stored code will be "inlet manifold pressure - control variation - intermittent" or something similar, theres lots of different ones for low, high or wrong boost.
    B4 TDI - old skool project / daily driver...if it ain't broke, it's probably an Audi...

2nd Gear

Status
    Yep as above, i've used Innotec Turbo cleaner to clean the turbo on my car. If you want to do it yourself heres a how to guide i did
    CLICKY

4th Gear

Status
    Look for a boost leak or map/thrust sensor is common. Usually you get sn air leak at the intercooler inlet or outlet connection cos standard pipes degrade

A3 2.0 TDI Optics Black S-Line, FR&RTuning Stage 3! GT20 Hybrid Turbo, THS TFSI FMIC, Sachs performance clutch kit+SMF, Milltek 2.5" Turbo-Back Non-Res Exhaust, ITG Maxogen Induction, EGR Delete with FR&RTuning Map out, Custom Black 18" RS4, 35mm H&R springs, S3 brakes, EBC Yellowstuff, front splitter, HID Xenons, S3 tailgate Spoiler, 09 Rear Lights, Retrofit Audi Ipod, S3 Air vents, Bose sound+retrofit JBL Subwoofer 1200W.
    Milltek Cat-back Non-Res for S3 2.0T FOR SALE both 3dr and 5dr PM

2nd Gear

Status
    True it could be a number of things, best thing would be to get the car scanned and see what that throws up.

Neutral

Status
    im from coleraine, norn iron, but live near swindon
    cool cheers for the info guys, ive just found out my mates wee cousin works on turbos so i think im going to knock on his door!!!! back from afghan this weekend so i will have to get some pics up of the car to show you all what a nice a3 looks like guys lol nearly wet myself with my comment haha