Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    North East Forum Moderator

Status

Door Unlocking Problem..

Hi guys, have a fairly unusual problem going on with my car, Ill do the best I can to describe it...

When you unlock the car, and after some time has passed without the door being opened, the doors are locked again - obviously for security reasons.

The problem I have though is that if I unlock the car, open the door and get in... after a certain time again the doors will lock whilst I'm inside the car. Note, this is when the key is not in the ignition. If the key is turned to battery or the car is started, the problem doesnt occur.

Can anyone explain this? I know it didn't used to happen because when I'm at uni waiting for my girlfriend to finish I usually wait in the car.

VCDS scan has pulled up nothing.

Thanks for any input

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

2. # ADS
    ADS

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    is it your auto lock opperating ?
    2002 1.9 tdi 130ish brake a4. full reiger body kit, 19 inch rs6 avant rims, eibach springs, home made grill, full leather interior, centre arm rest, quad powerflow exausts, a few engine mods, chrome door mirrors, aero wipers, s line door blades.

1st Gear

Status
    Do the interior lights work when the door opens?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jb0o View Post
    When you unlock the car, and after some time has passed without the door being opened, the doors are locked again - obviously for security reasons.

The problem I have though is that if I unlock the car, open the door and get in... after a certain time again the doors will lock whilst I'm inside the car. Note, this is when the key is not in the ignition. If the key is turned to battery or the car is started, the problem doesnt occur.
    Spray the lock with wd40 to see if it is just 1 of the 2-3 microswitches that are gunked up, happened on a number of 8P's, worst case scenario, replacement lock & I have possibly both drivers & passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by BASS 666 View Post
    is it your auto lock opperating ?
    That only happens at 15kmh.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    my a4 autolocks if i dont lock it but i dont know if it would do it if i was in the car ?
    2002 1.9 tdi 130ish brake a4. full reiger body kit, 19 inch rs6 avant rims, eibach springs, home made grill, full leather interior, centre arm rest, quad powerflow exausts, a few engine mods, chrome door mirrors, aero wipers, s line door blades.

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulTheo View Post
    Do the interior lights work when the door opens?
    Yeah, these come on as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Spray the lock with wd40 to see if it is just 1 of the 2-3 microswitches that are gunked up, happened on a number of 8P's, worst case scenario, replacement lock & I have possibly both drivers & passengers.
    Thanks Nige, I'll have a go at this.

I picked up my brother today and had a little experiment. The problem occured when the driver door was opened and I go inside but when my brother got in the passenger side the problem didn't occur, so what you're saying about the microswitches makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BASS 666 View Post
    my a4 autolocks if i dont lock it but i dont know if it would do it if i was in the car ?
    What should happen is when you unlock the car, if the doors aren't opened the car will lock itself again, but if a door is opened the car will remain unlocked.

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Ok there are 2 types of autolock features, 1 when you drive & 1 when you dont open the door after unlocking, I reckon your issue is related to the latter & it isnt detecting a microswitch state.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK