EM TuningSky Insurance
    Born to Fish

Status

A3 Folding Mirrors

Has anybody retro fitted folding mirrors to a 2010 A3 (latest facelift) because my car was already built the dealer said they could not be done. If so any idea on cost compared to factory order.

Only my house has quite a small garage and the new A3 has mirrors like elephants ears

Thanks in advance.
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Interior Next!!

Status
    they are about 700 to retrofit.. i know because my car was meant to come with them and it didnt.. Audi tried makin me pay.. it was between700-800 fitted.. New mirrors & new door mirror control panel..
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Gievf Buckets

Status
    afaik rye the control panels are no longer required as they are all good for folding etc (i may be incorrect on this) and all that is required for the retro is mirrors and a new switch. just fyi tfsi they dont fold that far in

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    afaik rye the control panels are no longer required as they are all good for folding etc (i may be incorrect on this) and all that is required for the retro is mirrors and a new switch. just fyi tfsi they dont fold that far in
    thats what i meant the switch.. that has the 12 o clock position to close the mirrors!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Gievf Buckets

Status
    haha my bad

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Born to Fish

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    they are about 700 to retrofit.. i know because my car was meant to come with them and it didnt.. Audi tried makin me pay.. it was between700-800 fitted.. New mirrors & new door mirror control panel..
    7-800 sheesh i,m sure they are only about 100 from the factory.

Will do without and keep folding my drivers mirror in and out to ease garage entry.

Cheaper to get one painted a few times if i ever misjudge it

Thanks for the info.

Just while your on guys, me and the missus expected our Sline ride to be harsh having had SE,s before and its not as bad as we thought apart from a sunk grid or deepish dip results in quite a loud DONK coming from the suspension (state of British roads), apart from that it corners flat with no roll and wallow like our SE,s use to.

Is this DONK normal to all Slines ?
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

5th Gear

Status
    Had the same thing happen to me. I spec'd folding mirrors and it didn't come with them. Dealer said they couldn't be retro fitted, but after a few calls to various other dealers found out they could be done for 640. Humble pie from my dealer and they were fitted in a day LOL. They did offer the money paid for them when spec'd, but I wasn't having any of that....their problem so they had to sort
    Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.