Badger5AH Fabrications
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 102
  1. #41
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    S3?




  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    beanoir's Avatar
    Sharpest Tongue in the West

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    51 Degrees North
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post
    So to get this somewhere near to the original question, let me ask this.......................

    If you had to bet 100 on an off the line drag up to 300 meters between a Mini Cooper S turbo, a Cooper S Supercharged, and an A3 2.0TFSI DSG, who would your money be on???
    Is the STIG driving?

    Over quarter of a mile, the car stats are in favour of the Audi, so if the driver was the same across all three, my money would be on the Audi. But it's so dam close between those cars that I'm not sure i'd like that punt much!
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

    www.essexdriversclub.com

  4. #43
    S3RYE's Avatar
    Interior Next!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    London/Essex
    Posts
    3,456
    no seriously.. i reckon the aythree might just do it.. pure guess..
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

    Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon




  5. #44
    beanoir's Avatar
    Sharpest Tongue in the West

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    51 Degrees North
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    Fair point.... although it isn't as conclusive as 'the figures state what they state' and that's it....... i have evidence to contradict that.

    I suggest you run your car up against a turbo'd cooper S mid range and see how much you pull away, my guess is 'not as much as you think' given what i know, and dragging mid range doesnt require as much skill as off the line, i'm sure you will agree...take away the corners and the off the line skill and all your left with is your gears and right foot (and possibly traction issues ) - bear in mind i was annoyed as much as the next bloke when i saw how close that Mini got to me, or should i say, how little my lead was

    oh and the 1/4 mile times are inaccurate, i've witnessed sub 15's from a standard S

    and again for others on here...no point in drawing a comparison between supercharged and turbo'd coopers, they are totally different beasts even though BM's own figures set them side by side
    I'd best not in mine to be honest, it wouldn't be a fair race But i'm sure you're right, on the road and real world driving always appears to be a lot closer than the figures suggest.

    And you're absolutley right about the difference between a supercharge'd and turbo'd Mini Cooper S, using the same website for comparison suggests a fair old difference on the track.

    Mini Cooper S vs Mini Cooper S (Mk II) - FastestLaps.com
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

    www.essexdriversclub.com

  6. #45
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    Is the STIG driving?
    Nope, just me planting my foot and letting 'S' mode do the rest.... against your average driver in a bit of a boy racer mood.

  7. #46
    beanoir's Avatar
    Sharpest Tongue in the West

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    51 Degrees North
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post
    Nope, just me planting my foot and letting 'S' mode do the rest.... against your average driver in a bit of a boy racer mood.
    In that case certainly the Audi, as the Mini would have to be spot on with every gear change.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

    www.essexdriversclub.com

  8. #47
    HIGGINS's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    523
    Not a big difference but i do pull away from a cooper S

    I drive a Audi A3 2.0tdi 170 quattro, but it is remapped to 200

    Selling MY11 rear lights, message me for a price

  9. #48
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808

    Love these threads on ASN
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  10. #49
    Top Gear!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    275
    In fairness I find 'S' mode in automatics rather weak, they always change early because the car wants to be more efficient, stick it in manual with paddle shift and its not too bad but apart from that gimme a manual any day of the week, and ESP don't get me started :/ can't pull off the line without going 'dun duhh dun duh' everytime with it ON stupid settings lol, a good clutch foot and you're sorted plus the ability to take each gear to red line

    I have a good question :D albeit a stupid one too hehe

    Mini Cooper S turbo vs Cooper S supercharged vs A3 vs TT RS

  11. #50
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiggles View Post
    I have a good question :D albeit a stupid one too hehe

    Mini Cooper S turbo vs Cooper S supercharged vs A3 vs TT RS
    vs. R8 vs. Veyron vs. Eurofighter Jet (vs. Chuck Norris in running spikes)
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors


    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

  12. #51
    Top Gear!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    vs. R8 vs. Veyron vs. Eurofighter Jet (vs. Chuck Norris in running spikes)
    vs Stig on a trike

  13. #52
    beanoir's Avatar
    Sharpest Tongue in the West

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    51 Degrees North
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    vs. R8 vs. Veyron vs. Eurofighter Jet (vs. Chuck Norris in running spikes)

    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

    www.essexdriversclub.com

  14. #53
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiggles View Post
    In fairness I find 'S' mode in automatics rather weak, they always change early because the car wants to be more efficient, stick it in manual with paddle shift and its not too bad but apart from that gimme a manual any day of the week
    Have you driven a DSG?? Sounds like you haven't.
    'S' mode red lines each gear (well definitely 1st and 2nd, haven't paid much attention to the rest of the gears) and stays out of 6th throughout the range.
    Efficiency is definitely not on the box's mind when it's in that mode.

  15. #54
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    (vs. Chuck Norris in running spikes)
    Stop thief!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  16. #55
    Top Gear!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post
    Have you driven a DSG?? Sounds like you haven't.
    'S' mode red lines each gear (well definitely 1st and 2nd, haven't paid much attention to the rest of the gears) and stays out of 6th throughout the range.
    Efficiency is definitely not on the box's mind when it's in that mode.
    Yeah both a friends 2.0 TDI and my dads RS6 are DSG and I found personally they weren't as quick as a manual would be, all though the RS6 cant really get much quicker lmfao
    I've not had alot of time in DSGs though so I don't have alot of experience just saying from what I have, I'd take a manual over auto in anything, I just find it more enjoyable

  17. #56
    rickyquicky's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    i owned a cooper S fella and also ran against it with my misus driving that against my stage 1 S3 which matches an 8P S3 (i have done so 3 times against 3 different S3's)

    not being funny but unless you have a constructive comment and evidence....
    Come on mate you want evidence...yet you are saying you drove one with your missus and you are assuring us its quick based on that?

    My evidence is the same as yours - im basing my opinion on the fact that 2 of my mates have had cooper s' (and both commented they thought they would be quicker) and another pal still has his S3 which used to demolish both cooper S. Everytime. Oh, and my old Clio 182 cup used to be clearly quicker than the cooper s too, but the S3 was quicker again than the clio.

    I dont think much of the cooper S in terms of performance, I think the 'works' is pretty decent but the cooper S is really not that fast a car.
    Last edited by rickyquicky; 2nd November 2010 at 15:48.

  18. #57
    rickyquicky's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiggles View Post
    Yeah both a friends 2.0 TDI and my dads RS6 are DSG and I found personally they weren't as quick as a manual would be, all though the RS6 cant really get much quicker lmfao
    I've not had alot of time in DSGs though so I don't have alot of experience just saying from what I have, I'd take a manual over auto in anything, I just find it more enjoyable
    ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS???!!!

  19. #58
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiggles View Post
    Yeah both a friends 2.0 TDI and my dads RS6 are DSG and I found personally they weren't as quick as a manual would be, all though the RS6 cant really get much quicker lmfao
    I've not had alot of time in DSGs though so I don't have alot of experience just saying from what I have, I'd take a manual over auto in anything, I just find it more enjoyable
    Fair enough.
    I've driven both for long enough and for me the DSG just feels quicker in every way.
    I think what I like most is that when needing to pull away from standstill quickly and go through the gears (like when racing Cooper S's!!) I don't have to worry about crappy gear changes/lifting of the clutch too early and crunching gears/etc.

    I was sceptical about getting a DSG at first, but now I can't see the point in owning a manual.

  20. #59
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,502
    ... no RS6 has DSG.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors


    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

  21. #60
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiggles View Post
    both a friends 2.0 TDI and my dads RS6 are DSG
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    ... no RS6 has DSG.
    Stiggles, I think it's fair to say......... IN YO' FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  22. #61
    Synchromesh's Avatar
    Will Race For Cookies

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    99
    An S3 would be significantly faster, but a stock 170 TDI would probably see the mini's tail lights.

    And about DSG, it's virtually impossible to shift faster with a manual gearbox.
    Last edited by Synchromesh; 2nd November 2010 at 21:21.
    Phantomschwarz Audi A3 2.0 TFSI quattro S-Line | Bilstein PSS B14 | Oem 8x18 ET43 5-Spoke | Facelift taillights | RNS-E MKII | My Thread

  23. #62
    Top Gear!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    275
    Ohhhh I thought DSG was what all the auto boxes were called lmao, guess thats me made a fool off xD
    but I'd still take a manual, even if its impossible to shift faster in a manual, I know of one being that can

    Some say he has a hydraulic knee hehehe

  24. #63
    beanoir's Avatar
    Sharpest Tongue in the West

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    51 Degrees North
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiggles View Post
    Ohhhh I thought DSG was what all the auto boxes were called lmao, guess thats me made a fool off xD
    but I'd still take a manual, even if its impossible to shift faster in a manual, I know of one being that can

    Some say he has a hydraulic knee hehehe
    Margaret Thatcher?
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

    www.essexdriversclub.com

  25. #64
    Top Gear!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    Margaret Thatcher?
    Naked on a cold day?

  26. #65
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,990
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggins92 View Post
    Not a big difference but i do pull away from a cooper S

    I drive a Audi A3 2.0tdi 170 quattro, but it is remapped to 200
    Mid range is where your poke is, im guessing that from a standing start you'll run out of enough puff to keep it going into triple figs as with most diesels (for this race anyway)...using the analogy that diesels use the turbo more than their petrol counterparts due to the none turbo diesels being vasting inferior to a non aspirited petrol engine.... ive had a 170 mid range giving me grief, couldnt pass but i couldnt shake it either....dunno if it was mapped or not, lights were blacked out so possible

    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    I'd best not in mine to be honest, it wouldn't be a fair race But i'm sure you're right, on the road and real world driving always appears to be a lot closer than the figures suggest.

    And you're absolutley right about the difference between a supercharge'd and turbo'd Mini Cooper S, using the same website for comparison suggests a fair old difference on the track.

    Mini Cooper S vs Mini Cooper S (Mk II) - FastestLaps.com
    glad we agree on something i mistook you with your sig showing 2010 plate, always make the assumption that all cars in warranty leave their cars alone

    Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post
    So to get this somewhere near to the original question, let me ask this.......................

    If you had to bet 100 on an off the line drag up to 300 meters between a Mini Cooper S turbo, a Cooper S Supercharged, and an A3 2.0TFSI DSG, who would your money be on???
    Id bet the turbo Cooper S, although subject to the start, reason being the cooper has very little lag and is bloody light when compared. Dont know about the supercharged version, late on that will get wiped out, thats the best of my knowledge. Although that said, it wouldnt suprise me if they were all neck and neck up to 300 metres, 1st and 2nd dont make much difference at this level

    Whats the assumed 1/4 mile for the A3 in this spec?
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  27. #66
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,990
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyquicky View Post
    Come on mate you want evidence...yet you are saying you drove one with your missus and you are assuring us its quick based on that?

    My evidence is the same as yours - im basing my opinion on the fact that 2 of my mates have had cooper s' (and both commented they thought they would be quicker) and another pal still has his S3 which used to demolish both cooper S. Everytime. Oh, and my old Clio 182 cup used to be clearly quicker than the cooper s too, but the S3 was quicker again than the clio.

    I dont think much of the cooper S in terms of performance, I think the 'works' is pretty decent but the cooper S is really not that fast a car.
    There you go again, your mixing your cooper S cars, if you think you would stand half a chance with 182...you really need your head testing, you stand a better chance of converting Elton John to hetrosexuality.....

    i provided you with a scenario where i know the Cooper S was able to stay within a certain range of me, nothing more.....

    if your mates had the supercharged version then they will want it to be quicker, mid range they are gash as the power delivery is much lore spread out - but then i would think the cooper S supercharged or not would have a blind man driving if a 182 beat it - seriously, i've ruined so many of those clios in mine
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  28. #67
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    ive had a 170 mid range giving me grief, couldnt pass but i couldnt shake it either....dunno if it was mapped or not, lights were blacked out so possible
    How so?? Do they give away free lamin x with remaps these days??

    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    Whats the assumed 1/4 mile for the A3 in this spec?
    14.9 seconds according to fastestlaps. However, they've got the 0-100km/h wrong by almost half a second slower.... so they quote 7.3 instead of 6.9.

  29. #68
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    There you go again, your mixing your cooper S cars, if you think you would stand half a chance with 182...you really need your head testing, you stand a better chance of converting Elton John to hetrosexuality.....

    i provided you with a scenario where i know the Cooper S was able to stay within a certain range of me, nothing more.....

    if your mates had the supercharged version then they will want it to be quicker, mid range they are gash as the power delivery is much lore spread out - but then i would think the cooper S supercharged or not would have a blind man driving if a 182 beat it - seriously, i've ruined so many of those clios in mine
    Didn't do too badly against the 2.0T


  30. #69
    beanoir's Avatar
    Sharpest Tongue in the West

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    51 Degrees North
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post
    14.9 seconds according to fastestlaps. However, they've got the 0-100km/h wrong by almost half a second slower.... so they quote 7.3 instead of 6.9.
    The numbers on FastestLaps are not manufacturers quoted figures, they are the fastest times achieved by reputable car testers, like Auto Car, EVO, etc etc, so sometimes they will be better or worse than what Audi or whoever quote.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

    www.essexdriversclub.com

  31. #70
    PaulAr's Avatar
    S3 (8P)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,047
    Aren`t MINIs girls cars anyway?
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

    Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

    BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

  32. #71
    beanoir's Avatar
    Sharpest Tongue in the West

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    51 Degrees North
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    Aren`t MINIs girls cars anyway?
    Yes they are, which I suppose makes this whole argument redundant given that any race of the lights against a chick in a MINI is going to be an easy win whatever you are driving, unless you are a pony driver in which case you deserve to die a horrible, painful, perhaps slightly prolonged, death....in public.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

    www.essexdriversclub.com

  33. #72
    PaulAr's Avatar
    S3 (8P)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tyne & Wear
    Posts
    4,047
    Damn straight

    Shouldnt it 'beetle v mini', or girl v girl, or girl on girl....err
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

    Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

    BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

  34. #73
    rickyquicky's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    There you go again, your mixing your cooper S cars, if you think you would stand half a chance with 182...you really need your head testing, you stand a better chance of converting Elton John to hetrosexuality.....

    Ok mate. I only done it a number of times when I had my 182 cup. I dont know why you are taking such offence to FACTS.

    I had a numerous goes against 2 different people with 2 different coopers s and beat them. Everytime. The manufacturers figures also back this up.

    Maybe they both just weren't trying, seeing as your girlfriend managed to keep up with you or whatever it was, and the manufacturers figures are wrong for the cooper S just because its too fast lol?

    Seriously, a clio 182 cup is the quicker car, I dont know why you cant understand that? And an S3 is 1000% quicker still than a 182 cup. I know because I lost EVERYTIME in a straight line against the S3.


    i provided you with a scenario where i know the Cooper S was able to stay within a certain range of me, nothing more.....

    A standard cooper S could never ever keep up with a 260+ bhp S3 on an A-road/motorway.

    if your mates had the supercharged version then they will want it to be quicker, mid range they are gash as the power delivery is much lore spread out - but then i would think the cooper S supercharged or not would have a blind man driving if a 182 beat it - seriously, i've ruined so many of those clios in mine
    If you say so

  35. #74
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,990
    Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post
    How so?? Do they give away free lamin x with remaps these days??
    Well if you want to take me literally sweety..... any modification that isn't OEM, you will most likely find a further mod such as a map - this isn't rocket science - plus he would have been stupid to attempt a race with me if he was ina standard 170, althoughi know they are fast, they aren't S3 pace without a map....

    Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post
    Didn't do too badly against the 2.0T

    nice vid......can only speak from my experience and can honestly say i've never had a traffic light grand prix with one, my experiences were all rolling

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    Aren`t MINIs girls cars anyway?
    Yes..... misus had one and it's not a manly drive
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  36. #75
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,990
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyquicky View Post
    If you say so
    i'm not sat here making this up doood, your wrong..
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  37. #76
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    Well if you want to take me literally sweety..... any modification that isn't OEM, you will most likely find a further mod such as a map - this isn't rocket science
    LOL @ your "logic"!!

    If tinted lights = remap, then I hate to think what it means if someone has tinted windows. Boeing 747 engine nestled beneath a heavily modified bonnet??

  38. #77
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    The numbers on FastestLaps are not manufacturers quoted figures, they are the fastest times achieved by reputable car testers, like Auto Car, EVO, etc etc, so sometimes they will be better or worse than what Audi or whoever quote.
    Well I question their reputable sources, because my car does 6.9 seconds to 100 km/h almost everytime (vagcom timed).

  39. #78
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,990
    Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post
    LOL @ your "logic"!!

    If tinted lights = remap, then I hate to think what it means if someone has tinted windows. Boeing 747 engine nestled beneath a heavily modified bonnet??
    I really genuinely thought you were taking the p**s as opposed to questioning my logic..... ok lets take this to laymans terms as you clearly are missing the boat.....

    Car owner one who owns a totally standard car

    Car owner two who clearly has mods

    Statistically which is more likely to have further modifications - like i said, not rocket science just the powers of elimination
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  40. #79
    Top Gear!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulAr View Post
    Aren`t MINIs girls cars anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    Yes they are, which I suppose makes this whole argument redundant given that any race of the lights against a chick in a MINI is going to be an easy win whatever you are driving, unless you are a pony driver in which case you deserve to die a horrible, painful, perhaps slightly prolonged, death....in public.
    I said this ages ago haha

    but I happen to know of a few girls who are nuts behind the wheel, more so two of my cousins, one tried racing me in her 1.9TDi A4 and the other has an ABT kitted A5 3.0TDI

    but I agree if theyre driving a Mini then theyre not gonna be driving about flat out everywhere, plus it SHOULD be only fit girls allowed them, you drive past one 50% of the time and the driver is reasonably hot, most of the other times its just stupid old people and guys who need to get a more manly car

    BMW Mini should have a no over 28's and Fitties ONLY policy when selling them haha

  41. #80
    Ads
    Ads's Avatar
    License to drive

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,223
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    I really genuinely thought you were taking the p**s as opposed to questioning my logic..... ok lets take this to laymans terms as you clearly are missing the boat.....

    Car owner one who owns a totally standard car

    Car owner two who clearly has mods

    Statistically which is more likely to have further modifications - like i said, not rocket science just the powers of elimination
    I was taking the p*ss. But I was also taking the p*ss out of your logic.

    If you want to assume that a car owner is likely to have his car mapped based on the fact that he tinted his rear lights then that's your shout.
    I, on the other hand, firmly believe that the probability of the two being linked is so low it's negligible.

    Just take a second to think about the mods you are talking about. One is a very quick/simple/cheap/risk free/no knock on additional cost (insurance) mod, the other is not.

    However, if your logic is spot on, there must be lots of mapped Mark IV Fiestas in Dagenham because they've all done their lights like that.
    Next time I'm passing through that way on my way to Lakeside and one pulls up next to me at the traffic lights, revving his engine and pushing his mahooosive fluffy dice to the side so he can see out of the windscreen, I'll be sure to avoid taking him on in a race.


    Thanks for the heads up.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO