OEM Dampers - same between all 8P models?

munchkincoupe

Reaction score
Are the dampers the same between all of the 8P model A3 3 door/ 5 door variants?

I'm going to fit H&R 50mm springs at my 2004 3 dr A3 2.0 TDI on 35k miles. Not really got the cash to go for uprated dampers too. So I thought if someone is upgrading to full suspension/coilovers then I may get lucky and get some low mileage OEM dampers and get them fitted at the same time as the springs. Obviously need to know which model A3 variants share the same dampers to know if I can do a successful transplant - part numbers would be a great help too

Also going to change top mount rubbers to upgrade so if someone can recommend a brand too that would be great

Thanks for your help

-50mm springs might be pushing it on standard shocks. I'm pretty sure the shocks between the SE and Sport will be different. Possibly between the Sport and S-Line also.
The oem ones are shyt anyway so just change the shocks when you can afford some aftermarket Bilstein or Konis etc.

as said there is a difference between the se , sport and the s-line , the s-line ones are over engineered so are the best ones of the lot

as said there is a difference between the se , sport and the s-line , the s-line ones are over engineered so are the best ones of the lot

Dont think there is mate, I was told they are all the same. Could have been told rubbish though!

im sure they are different otherwise how do you explain the differnce in handling and ride comfort , the springs alone wouldnt do this

Springs + swaybars.

Specially swaybars can change car handling alot.

thats what i thought i had a funny feeling that they were all different depenent on model / engine size etc...