10k boost diesel

rickyquicky

Reaction score
Has anyone used this? I bought a can today to use it tomorrow morning...it says the best place is to spray it directly into turbo intake.

Whats the easiest way to get to the turbo intake? From the top or bottom of the engine bay?? Or is spraying it into the air intake (after MAF) just as good?

Sorry, I should have said lol.

Its an engine 'cleaner'/de-coke, but rather than the usual 'add to a tank of fuel' its a spray that goes into the intake and seems to have reasonable reviews.

oh right. i would take the big pipe off the airbox or open the airbox and do it that way mate.

I wouldnt spray it in the airbox or anywhere before the maf sensor. Remove the airbox and spray it in the pipe just after the maf sensor. But this seems bit pointless as most of it wont even get to the engine. Will stay in the pipes especially the intercooler

I would not spray that **** at all into a diesel engine as you can easily hydrolock the engine + whatever rubbish it will dislodge it will go inside the engine ! I've done-it once to a ford fiesta van and had to replace the engine as it started blowing blue smoke afterwards ! Never again. If you want, take the inlet manifold off and clean the crud OFF the car and block the EGR valve !

thats why i asked what the spray does cause i dont believe in all that stuff. i took my inlet manifold off and decoked it then blocked the egr valve off. theres nothing like knowing that you did the job right..

What it will do is bend the rods ! You will have the same result if starting the car on easy start/ether or brake cleaner. The vapours will ignite at the wrong time and will break rings and bend rods. If you wanna see what liquids do to diesel engines do take the inlet manifold off and spray water with a window cleaner type of spray, you will love the detonation and thats just a few droplets ! Imagine all that foam getting into a high compression engine and all the hard carbon dislodged will go into the intake jamming your inlet/exhaust valves open ! This stuff should be banned, really !

Fair enough, i'd heard some positive things about it, and I used it all this morning - before I read about the possibility of engine damage lol!

Anyway, used it before a 110 mile journey back home this afternoon, you rev the engine to 2500rpm and then blast it in the intake. The car got me home which is a good start haha!