EM TuningBadger5
    5th Gear

Status

how can you tell the difference between xenon and bi-xenon headlights.

as title says really how can you tell which is xenon and which is bi-xenon or are they both the same cos the look different all help appreciated cheers.

1st one:

AUDI A3 PASSENGERS SIDE GAS DISCHARGE HEADLIGHT on eBay (end time 24-Oct-10 07:27:34 BST)

2nd one:

AUDI A3 DRIVERS SIDE GAS DISCHARGE HEADLIGHT on eBay (end time 24-Oct-10 07:26:58 BST)

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    or does one of these also have adaptive xenons?

Status
    I'm not sure you can tell the difference from looking at this view.

I'm sure difference between xenon and bi-xenon is that bi-xenons have 'whiter' low and high beam bulbs, xenons just have low beams. Can that be detected from the front?

Adaptives will be a much deeper headlamp unit as they have motors on the back that turn the lights to reflect steering angle.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

1st Gear

Status
    First one is normal Xenon, and the second is Bi-Xenon. You can tell by the chrome ring on the first one surrounding the projector lens
    Brilliant Black A3 2.0T S-line Quattro Special Edition. S3 front brakes, Turbo back Milltek including race cat, APR Intercooler, Evoms air intake, AMD Stage 2 map, Upgraded OEM DV, Sachs Race Clutch, SMF conversion, Forge short shifters, S3 wing mirrors, S3 Rear end, Interior LED conversion, Bi-Xenon's, LED DRL's, BBS CH's, MY 09 Rear lights, Full leather, Tinted rear windows, Custom black front grills.

Gievf Buckets

Status
    if youre looking for a set of xenons ive got adaptive ones complete you would just need to purchase a new housing, surplus to requirements after a facelift just looking to get some money back pm me

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P5SND View Post
    if youre looking for a set of xenons ive got adaptive ones complete you would just need to purchase a new housing, surplus to requirements after a facelift just looking to get some money back pm me
    Anyone know how easy it is to go from standard reflector headlights to xenons? Would love to convert but I guess you need to do the washers and electrics too?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Depends on what you call easy, what level of technically minded you are & how deep your pockets are, however there are people like myself who do the conversions.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Gievf Buckets

Status
    Nhn is a top bloke and the man for the job he has done enough of them

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.