Chris NottVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

3.2 engine mounts

hi all found out what the knocking noise on left hand bends its the engine moving to the right and causing the top engine bracket of the mounting to touch the inner chassis leg we can see were its touching the body anybody elsehad this problem.
    A3 3.2 S-LINE DSG,18S RS6 ALLOYS,TINTS,XEONS, BLACK FULL LEATHER HEATED,ARMREST,BLACK OPTICS,AUTO DIM,RAIN SENSOR,CUSTOM REMAP,EVERYTHING ELSE BAR SAT NAV,BSH ENGINE MOUNTS,CUSTOM EXHAUST CAT BACK,DRILLED AND GROOVED ALL ROUND DISCS. FOR SALE PM ME

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Just checked mine mate and it's fine. Does look quite tight down there though so I can see it being a problem if the mount's are worn.
    E93 335i

Previous
    2010 R36 Saloon in Biscay Blue
    2008 Red S3
    2005 A3 3.2 quattro S-line Sportback dsg Avus silver
    2005 A3 3.2 quattro Sport Sportback dsg Black

1st Gear

Status
    cheers ju just been rocking the engine from side to side lots of play
    A3 3.2 S-LINE DSG,18S RS6 ALLOYS,TINTS,XEONS, BLACK FULL LEATHER HEATED,ARMREST,BLACK OPTICS,AUTO DIM,RAIN SENSOR,CUSTOM REMAP,EVERYTHING ELSE BAR SAT NAV,BSH ENGINE MOUNTS,CUSTOM EXHAUST CAT BACK,DRILLED AND GROOVED ALL ROUND DISCS. FOR SALE PM ME

A3.2

Status
    I put in aftermarket poly mounts and although the noise and vibration did go up, I'm keeping them for the solid feel in corners.

1st Gear

Status
    can anyone tell me how many mounts there are and are they easy to fit yourself
    Last edited by wickyianr1; 31st October 2010 at 11:10.

1st Gear

Status
    can anyone tell me how many mounts there are and are they easy to fit yourself

A3.2

Status
    one on each side - fairly easy install with jack and torque wrench. remove air box to install tranny side.

ENGINE PERFORMANCE
    VF Engineering :: Volkswagen Mk5 Engine Mounts
    Mounts - BSH Speedshop