18 inch rims needed, 19 MTM possibly could go

brough74

Reaction score
Hi people im looking for some decent 18 inch alloys and tyres for my S3 WHY ?, Ive been thinking of maybe some audi TT 5 spokes. Just wanted to know offsets etc i need as the car has been lowered and the MTM bimoto 2 19's occasionly catch if i go over speed bumps to fast. Which i might sell if i find a decent set of alloys.

The standard S3 wheel is size 7.5J * 18, with an offset of ET54, and tyre size 225/40

Use the following site Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 3 of 4 to check the difference between the standard set up and any new set up you're thinking of. Three calculators on that site that are really useful :-

1. Wheel Offset Calculator - put in tyre width and wheel offset of old and new wheels, and it shows the difference in where the inside and outside of the new tyre sits in relation to the suspension and bodywork respectively.
2. Tyre Size Calculator - put in old and new tyre sizes and it will show you percentage difference in rolling radius.
3. Rim Width Calculator - put in a tyre size and it shows what range of wheel widths are suitable.

I have a set of original s3 alloys for sale 18 no rubber make me an offer if your intrested

thebott, are they MTM alloys on your car ? any issues with catching ?

thebott, are they MTM alloys on your car ? any issues with catching ?

They are 19" mtms and the car has been lowered on h&r springs the only slight rubbing is when on full lock and I mean very slight usually when trying to park in a tight spot so going so slow it no problem general driving even with car loaded is ok no rub !