Started my 2din conversion pics

R55 MRU

Reaction score
78a91181.jpg

Cage arrived this morning £18 bargain thanks sub. Climate unit was broken got it for 15 quid swapped a few bits around with my single din one so bargain there too. Starte work straight away and in an hour I got this far

da77de49.jpg

I still need to purchase all the buttons and surround got quotes from Audi and it comes to £90!!! For the facelift buttons single chrome strip facelift. Was not to bad getting the cage out . Easier getting it in.

Very happy so far

Only thing I'm worried about is when I bought the car someone had one of them stupid handsfree things chopped into the stereo loom. Don't know if it wil affect an RNs e unit. Basically I chopped off the mic phone cradle and taped them up and tucked them away

I did my conversion ok. Just got to make sure you take your time.

ebay! they can range anywhere between 350 - 700.

Can't wait to eventually do this! now fill up some fuel before it's to late :laugh:

da77de49.jpg

haha but, i'm sure pic in your DIS is the fuel pump symbol :blink:

what p/n did you use for the card tray with the light, and where did you get your power supply for it from?

cheers

S.

Hey sub part no was the one on the list came with the led built in. And I used some 12v wire exposed the two pins at the back of the card tray routed them down to the ash tray light and lights up fine