Remapping via OBD not possible on new A3...

PH1L

Gievf Buckets
Reaction score
afaik this came in with my 09 cars and both giac and revo cracked it not via a diy device

I have an MY11 S3 and it was mapped through the OBD2 port, best check which ECU you have.

The 1.8TFSI uses an MED17.5 ECU which will most likely be protected and if it is, the ECU will need to come out whoever you have it done by. I'd recommend Shark Performance.

The 1.8TFSI uses an MED17.5 ECU which will most likely be protected and if it is, the ECU will need to come out whoever you have it done by. I'd recommend Shark Performance.

i-am-shameless.jpg

Its a simple check via Vag com to see which ECU you have, so if AMD say it ok then im sure it will be. You just have to make sure everything electronic, and I mean everything, is turned off. When we did mine my iPhone was causing issues as I still had the BT on and it kicked the map out.

I'm glad it worked out OK. you sound really pleased!!
Your original output was pretty good how many miles on the clock?

Contact Shark Performance lad & speak to Ben.

I wondered if Shark were any good because I've heard a few good things about them, I called them today and spoke to Ben he seems like a sound bloke and took his time to give me all the info I needed + more and can be available to do the tuning at times that suit me so...I'm booked in for Sunday 21st November (might end up 15th Nov dependant on work) and I can't wait!

Have Shark performance got a waiting room yet or do you still get told to walk the streets ?

Have Shark performance got a waiting room yet or do you still get told to walk the streets ?

I couldn't really give a flying f*** if they have a waiting room or not, I'm paying for a software upgrade not so that I can sit on a sofa and watch the tv I'll do that at home.

I couldn't really give a flying f*** if they have a waiting room or not, I'm paying for a software upgrade not so that I can sit on a sofa and watch the tv I'll do that at home.

hahahaha! Igot my A4 remapped at shark performance, and love it! ONly got good things to say about Ben, sound bloke.

I have nothing against Shark Performance. I was just asking if they have a waiting room yet as i know you used to have to go walk around town if your car was getting worked on for the day.