couple of questions

finesse

Reaction score
I am thinking of moving over to the 8 P platform in a few months . I have a couple of questions regarding the S3 .

Ideally I would like a facelift model, when in 2008 did the facelift model enter the market and apart from the lights, how else would distinguish pre & post facelift?

What differences are there between the MY 10,
9 , and 8?

What are the common faults to look for boost/vac /intercooler leaks, coilpack etc?

I am not familiar with the 2.0 tfsi block.

many thanks !!

I am thinking of moving over to the 8 P platform in a few months . I have a couple of questions regarding the S3 .

Ideally I would like a facelift model, when in 2008 did the facelift model enter the market
??

and apart from the lights, how else would distinguish pre & post facelift?
Rims, bumpers, grilles, diffuser...

What differences are there between the MY 10,
9 , and 8?
There has been a change to the engine, fuel pump now driven off exhaust cam, not inlet cam (I think). More light changes, more dashboard bling / interior switchgear changes. DSG only available from '08 on (I think).

What are the common faults to look for boost/vac /intercooler leaks, coilpack etc?
Coilpacks, clutch, DMF, PCV, spark plugs, rear diff whine, driver seat bolsters....

I am not familiar with the 2.0 tfsi block.

many thanks !![/QUOTE]

Thanks Warren, appreciate the reply. I meant, did the facelift S3 enter the market with 5'8 plates?

What facelift engine plates are there?