3.2 V6 DSG Fuel Economy

TTLAW

Reaction score
Can all you 3.2 V6 owners please share you MPG's.

Mine is struggling to average 21mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. My TT 3.2 V6 manual was more economical.

Does it improve with mileage?

Thanks

Steve

I've not got DSG, but I've noticed mine slowly creep up as the engine loosens up... also, I tried the optimax vs normal unleaded and noticed a big difference - optimax giving you better mpgs by about 3-4

TTLAw, totally off the subject but lets see some pictures of your new car.

jthe average since i've had the car is 24.6mpg but on an average trip i get anything from 24 to 30, depending on fuel. Found optimax to give best mpg so far.

I test drove the dealers 3.2DSG after it had come back from an extended test drive, the tank showed 1/2 full, the tank range remaining showed just 90 miles and the average mpg was 14 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif !!!!!the dealer was not too impressed to say the least, last time that customer gets a courtesey car

I took one out too to try, and round town it was about 16 and the same when enjoying it, it rose to 21.6 after a few miles at 60 round the B roads.
Reset it on the dual at 80mph and it was showing 24, so 21/22 is what I would expect after a years worth of varied driving.

Then took the Tdi out and got 42 throwing it around and 55 at 80 mph, that made me go for the Tdi. I do about 20,000 miles a year and the differnce in fuel was nearly the same as the monthly rentals.

Thanks guys - after reading this thread I feel better about buying a Sportback TDI and not the 3.2! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think it's purely down to mileage... I don't use mine to go to and from work, and so can easily aford the 12 to 15 thousand miles of petrol a year AND enjoy the indescribable feeling of the 3.2 V6. If I was high mileage, I certainly would have given it up for a diesel.