What mileage from your tyres?

Fast,not furious

Dealing with an OCD
Reaction score
Ok,so the the ''miles per tank'' thread has been done,how about this one?

I'm running on BF Goodrich G-Force Profilers - for me it's an excellent tyre which has never let me down with grip and stopping,wet or dry,and at a damned good price.

30000 miles and still going...and i drive hard,as you would expect with 340 brake.

Back to the title now "What mileage from your tyres?"

FWD 2.0T - 197bhp

Toyo Proxes T1-R

7k miles and look like new

I got a pathetic 8000 from my Bridgestone's, not going down that road again!

Toyo Proxes T1-R's all round. They seem quite a hard compound of tyre, and give up grip more readily under abusive driving than previous Goodyear Asymmetrics.

So far 20k miles on them and they must still have 4k left in them. Mostly motorway miles for work, but recently I've become convinced that it is excessive hard braking that wears out your tyres faster than just driving flat out. Talking of which I still have a couple of mm of pad material left at 44k on my rear pads (fitted from factory), which I've never managed on any other car. Reckon I'll get 50k out of them!

10k so far from Bridgestones, got about 1,000 miles left in them.

Not sure what to go for next, was thinking Michelin but this months EVO tyre test threw it all up in the air again, granted it is for FWD cars but it made me re-think!

10k so far from Bridgestones, got about 1,000 miles left in them.

Not sure what to go for next, was thinking Michelin but this months EVO tyre test threw it all up in the air again, granted it is for FWD cars but it made me re-think!

What bridgestones do you have? potenza?

Yes the Potenza RE050, they came on the car from new. People tend not to rate them, and I think I agree, so thought I would try something different for the next set.

Have you got them?

Last edited:
Yes the Potenza RE050, they came on the car from new. People tend not to rate them, and I think I agree, so thought I would try something different for the next set.

Have you got them?

no mate i've got Eagle F1's but like to keep an eye on whats what lol Have potenza's on the merc which have been on from new, very slippy on the RWD even in the dry, would you agree?

no mate i've got Eagle F1's but like to keep an eye on whats what lol Have potenza's on the merc which have been on from new, very slippy on the RWD even in the dry, would you agree?

They certainly aren't that great in the wet! They are not bad in the dry, but not the best either. So all in, i'd rate them pretty average. They are not cheap so I'd expect a bit better, or at least for them to be a solid performer in either wet or dry. It was between the Goodyear or the Michelin for me, until I read EVO and they really rate the Conti, so I'm not really any closer to making a decision!! typical!