Chris NottEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

RNS-E 2009 NAVIGATION EUROPA DISC

Is it possible to burn a copy of these disc to keep for back up, as i dont want the original disc to get damaged, And will the burned copy of the disc work in the rns-e unit? If so how can i go about to copy the disc, and what software to use?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

1.8T Sport Cabriolet

Status
    I have had a couple of copied 2010 discs, they seem to work for a while then start freezing.
    Audi A4 1.8t sport convertible, Full Grey Leather Interior, Ambient Light Pack, Polished Forge FMCL007P Diverter valve, Green Cotton Filter, 100mm Tail pipes, Rear RS4 ARB, Interior Xenon White LED's bulbs, Xenon White LED number plate bulbs and side lights, JBS Auto Designs stage 1 remap, RNS-E and OEM Bluetooth, Remote roof module, OEM Wind Deflector, B7 rear lights, HID lights.

2nd Gear

Status
    ive done this with verbatim media blank dvds, so far all is well m8

cal

Status
    I had a Vertabim copies 2009 disc, and all was well until I went to Strasbourg and tried to get to an restricted access area of the city. Each time I tried to get to the central square the system was furiously trying to re-route me, and then all of a sudden I got blue-screen on the NAv with an error message telling me to go to the dealer immediately for the Nav Unit to be checked.

When I got home I went straight to the Audi dealer, bought one of the new 2010 Nav DIscs (the summer offer @ 169), and its worked far faster / better since.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

Neutral

Status
    170quid for a nav disk?! fecking hell thats damn expensive when you think you can get a tomtom for far less than that!

Neutral

Status
    Thanks, but what software did u use to burn the 2009 disc..?

1st Gear

Status
    Imgburn

Neutral

Status
    kool, do you know what option to choose from imgburn ie write image file to disc/create image file from disc etc??
    and what settings to select when burning?

Thanks

1st Gear

Status
    Verbatim +R DL
    speed 2.4
    set book type to DVD-ROM
    hint: works only with specific type of recorders

try: Problem making a good copy of a RNS-E dvd

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_ph View Post
    170quid for a nav disk?! fecking hell thats damn expensive when you think you can get a tomtom for far less than that!
    It is bloody expensive (and gives some indication of why Nav costs so much in Audi's with the included TMC lifetime subscription), but I've been across to mainland Europe 3 times in the car this year, and when it blue screened on me in the middle of Strasbourg I'd have happily paid 150 for an immediate solution! They're usually much more than that, so I thought I would buy one whilst it was on offer. The 2009 copy I'd purchased for 20 hunts constantly, and the risk is it will knacker the RNS-E optical reader mechanism if it is worked too hard.

Fair to say it is very pricey, but I think it did add some very basic functionality enhancements to the mapping, although the Swindon bypass to Cheltenham which has been built since 2008 still isn't accurately mapped!
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warrencox View Post
    It is bloody expensive (and gives some indication of why Nav costs so much in Audi's with the included TMC lifetime subscription), but I've been across to mainland Europe 3 times in the car this year, and when it blue screened on me in the middle of Strasbourg I'd have happily paid 150 for an immediate solution! They're usually much more than that, so I thought I would buy one whilst it was on offer. The 2009 copy I'd purchased for 20 hunts constantly, and the risk is it will knacker the RNS-E optical reader mechanism if it is worked too hard.

Fair to say it is very pricey, but I think it did add some very basic functionality enhancements to the mapping, although the Swindon bypass to Cheltenham which has been built since 2008 still isn't accurately mapped!
    I don't doubt what you say about the original but could it be that the copy you purchased was not good?
    Wanting to protect my originals, I am using a perfect 2010 copy (2 DVD's).
    Travelled across Europe, used both DVD's and never had a problem. Speed is exactly the same as the originals.