RNS-E 2009 NAVIGATION EUROPA DISC

khan_1212

Reaction score
Is it possible to burn a copy of these disc to keep for back up, as i dont want the original disc to get damaged, And will the burned copy of the disc work in the rns-e unit? If so how can i go about to copy the disc, and what software to use?

Thanks

ive done this with verbatim media blank dvds, so far all is well m8

cal

I had a Vertabim copies 2009 disc, and all was well until I went to Strasbourg and tried to get to an restricted access area of the city. Each time I tried to get to the central square the system was furiously trying to re-route me, and then all of a sudden I got blue-screen on the NAv with an error message telling me to go to the dealer immediately for the Nav Unit to be checked.

When I got home I went straight to the Audi dealer, bought one of the new 2010 Nav DIscs (the summer offer @ £169), and its worked far faster / better since.

170quid for a nav disk?! fecking hell thats damn expensive when you think you can get a tomtom for far less than that!

Thanks, but what software did u use to burn the 2009 disc..?

kool, do you know what option to choose from imgburn ie write image file to disc/create image file from disc etc??
and what settings to select when burning?

Thanks

170quid for a nav disk?! fecking hell thats damn expensive when you think you can get a tomtom for far less than that!

It is ****** expensive (and gives some indication of why Nav costs so much in Audi's with the included TMC lifetime subscription), but I've been across to mainland Europe 3 times in the car this year, and when it blue screened on me in the middle of Strasbourg I'd have happily paid £150 for an immediate solution! They're usually much more than that, so I thought I would buy one whilst it was on offer. The 2009 copy I'd purchased for £20 hunts constantly, and the risk is it will knacker the RNS-E optical reader mechanism if it is worked too hard.

Fair to say it is very pricey, but I think it did add some very basic functionality enhancements to the mapping, although the Swindon bypass to Cheltenham which has been built since 2008 still isn't accurately mapped!

It is ****** expensive (and gives some indication of why Nav costs so much in Audi's with the included TMC lifetime subscription), but I've been across to mainland Europe 3 times in the car this year, and when it blue screened on me in the middle of Strasbourg I'd have happily paid £150 for an immediate solution! They're usually much more than that, so I thought I would buy one whilst it was on offer. The 2009 copy I'd purchased for £20 hunts constantly, and the risk is it will knacker the RNS-E optical reader mechanism if it is worked too hard.

Fair to say it is very pricey, but I think it did add some very basic functionality enhancements to the mapping, although the Swindon bypass to Cheltenham which has been built since 2008 still isn't accurately mapped!

I don't doubt what you say about the original but could it be that the copy you purchased was not good?
Wanting to protect my originals, I am using a perfect 2010 copy (2 DVD's).
Travelled across Europe, used both DVD's and never had a problem. Speed is exactly the same as the originals.