Service Light will not turn off

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Had the S3 serviced yesterday at Belfast Audi.

They informed me that they could not turn the service light off. I had to take the car as I had no time for them to check again but I said I could have a look at it on VCDS/Vagcom.

Anyone had any experience in this?

Don't you have to drive for a few hundred miles and it goes out automatically ?

Sure I read that somewhere.

Don't think so mike, you would have to physically turn it off to tell the car that the service has been carried out so it can reset its timer for the next service.

I haven't had a chance yet to get onto vagcom to have a look at it but just wondering if anyone has experienced this before!

Don't know whether this helps Boydie but my drivers handbook ( yes I have actually read it ! ) states on page 33 :-

'on a new vehicle, or after a service has been carried out, the display will always show SERVICE IN ---KM---DAYS for the first 500 km. This also applies to vehicles with "Longlife Service" end of quote

Then it goes on to say that if the service was not carried out by a qualified workshop the display will have to be reset to fixed intervals of 15,000 km. It then goes on to tell you how.

Take your pick mate !!

Hi Boydie, I had this issue on my car last service (at about 32k), and had not seen it previously at earlier services. I couldn't get to dealers as I was away from UK, but after about 5 days it sorted itself out and started showing the appropriate mileage / months before next service. Bit strange, but there you go.

You should be able to check the adaption channels in the cluster using your VCDS.

I have to override the settings in the SRI on mine as the default for fixed servicing in VCDS seems to be 1 year or 5000 miles.

Paul

i really want to get rs4 bucket seats or s3 bucket seat in any colours... anyone selling any?