Audi a3 2003 Made into a 2010 --Any Guides Out there?

Huge job and unless you have deep pockets dont go there. Phil has indeed done it and had issues hes had to get over and work new ways of doing things but hes used to working on cars. For the rest of us its a mammoth task.... but if you are willing, good luck.

Its a ball breaker overall isnt it Phil, I havnt done the 2010 facelift, but I know all too well the ins/outs from doing 2 A3 to S3 conversions, I know for sure the 2010 upgrade is alot worse than pre, just on the wings alone, let alone rewiring, not impossible but you need patients, devotion & a wad of cash.

I'd be surprised if all these popping up on ebay arent due to the high theft rate of S3's huh.

too true nige i bet they are from the stolen s3's, ive bought most of my parts new due to good connections and got them at a decent price but unless youre doing the job yourself the labour alone will match or exceed the cost of the parts for the facelift

on a side note i got the looms rewired, was an absolute slag of a job, just gotta cut the wires and tidy the loom a bit so its like a bought one ;)

yeah the a3 to s3 conversions can be a bit of a bitch, if i knew the level of work i was taking on to do this facelift properly and the hours sleep and cash id lose, id just have saved harder and bought a new a3 quattro and specced buckets rns-e and sepang blue paint

Aha you see, told you looms would rewire :p & yes its a pita to pinout originally but now on a spreadsheet so was fairly quick job on the SB.

haha yeah you did, after they lost a loom and i had to go backorder to germany i pulled the finger out!, do fwd it through ive tthe passenger side to do tomorrow morning with a hangover! :laugh: oh also did you manage to get that rns after all bud?

Nah he's being a girls blouse about it.

thats rubbish i hate being dicked about on parts, especially since ive no problem paying in cash there and then and i always have the cash before agreeing any deals

I was wondering if there was any complete Guides on audi-sport.net with Any Audi a3 2004 or 2005 ect made into a 2010. I keep on seeing more of these on ebay each week.....And it's making my mouth water....

✰✰ AUDI A3 2.0 TDI FULL 2010 S3 REPLICA LOOKALIKE ✰✰ on eBay (end time 31-Oct-10 14:33:28 GMT)

I can't provide a word for word guide on the conversion but yes it can be done. The best person to ask for advise is Phil as he's doing most of the work but it's not the easiest of things to do that's why I asked better people than myself to do it for me. I also got a guarantee for work done so I have a recourse in case something goes wrong.

Here is my thread if you want to have a gander http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...21-tdi-s3-hybrid-facelift-2010-pic-heavy.html

i cann descibe every part etc required to do the whole thing but im not drawing up the list till im finished