A3/S3 SIDESKIRTS

khan_1212

Reaction score
I'm looking to change the sideskirts on my Audi A3 (2007 s-line) to the S3 sideskirts.
Does anyone know if they are pretty easy to change over? And does anyone have the part numbers for the S3 sideskirts?

Thanks

someone said something about needing to change the kick plates. they're shorter on the S3 or something. some have been trimming theirs

big job mate, i've nearly done it a few times but backed out although i'm sure il eventually do it lol you'll need:

2x Side Skirts
2x End Caps
2x Door Bottoms
2x S3 logo sill plates

comes to about £380 from TPS and then paint/fitting obviously

big job mate, i've nearly done it a few times but backed out although i'm sure il eventually do it lol you'll need:

2x Side Skirts
2x End Caps
2x Door Bottoms
2x S3 logo sill plates

comes to about £380 from TPS and then paint/fitting obviously

Good to see you found out what was needed and how much.
Who told you? S3 skirts will finish your car off nicely. I may do this I didn't know the parts were that cheap. Lucky my mate got tps account:happy: cheers for the parts smoothie

Good to see you found out what was needed and how much.
Who told you? S3 skirts will finish your car off nicely. I may do this I didn't know the parts were that cheap. Lucky my mate got tps account:happy: cheers for the parts smoothie

who told me what was needed? There was a thread on VagOC that i followed to find out what was needed and then i contacted TPS about the cost of the parts, i reckon it will be closer to £500 after all the fittings and paint and then obviously putting them on!

The main skirts are £130 each so ideally getting a second hand set of them and all the other parts new would greatly reduce the cost

I agree TPS are the best place to go to. Always done me well for sure.

I was led to believe it was a fairly straightforward job to do the sideskirts, something I will definately do myself. Can't be too bad, worth a go.

who told me what was needed? There was a thread on VagOC that i followed to find out what was needed and then i contacted TPS about the cost of the parts, i reckon it will be closer to £500 after all the fittings and paint and then obviously putting them on!
The main skirts are £130 each so ideally getting a second hand set of them and all the other parts new would greatly reduce the cost

Aww just asked you, as you done a thread here but seemed you were not getting anyway.
Painting and fitting not an issue for me my mate got a body shop so he can do it for me.
£130 not bad....misses scratched my a3 passenger side wannabe skirt my dealer wanted £110 for a new part! May might was gonna spray it free so will get him to do this when I get them. Get some photos up once you done it mate

I agree TPS are the best place to go to. Always done me well for sure. I was led to believe it was a fairly straightforward job to do the sideskirts, something I will definately do myself. Can't be too bad, worth a go.

love it how you do all your mods yourself Sar. Dave must be proud :)

love it how you do all your mods yourself Sar. Dave must be proud :)

Always try to do things myself. Satisfaction feels good. Learnt loads from Dave so yeah hes proud I guess lol. Will be interesting one day if we get an old Golf to work on, we will do it together, lots to learn but fun along the way. I should have been a mechanic, i'd have loved it.

Aww just asked you, as you done a thread here but seemed you were not getting anyway.
Painting and fitting not an issue for me my mate got a body shop so he can do it for me.
£130 not bad....misses scratched my a3 passenger side wannabe skirt my dealer wanted £110 for a new part! May might was gonna spray it free so will get him to do this when I get them. Get some photos up once you done it mate

sorry mate i meant the actual fittings, not the fitting of the skirt! On that VagOC thread someone put up an ETKA page and it showed about 4-5 fittings/fixings which i didn't price couldn't be that expensive, il keep you up to date mate

sorry mate i meant the actual fittings, not the fitting of the skirt! On that VagOC thread someone put up an ETKA page and it showed about 4-5 fittings/fixings which i didn't price couldn't be that expensive, il keep you up to date mate

The fittings are pennies so not dear.

there still is the issue that if your car doesnt come with skirts youve nowhere to fix them to on the underside

i completed this same mod some time ago guys, and as folks have said its very easy to fit the skirts as well, i purchased the s3 skirts from audi direct along with a couple of small plastic bags with fixings which fit into already predrilled holes in your a3s sills,

i didnt purchase the plastic pieces for the door bottoms, i simply removed a few millimeters from them
with a sander and they fit perfectly, as for the inner door sill trims which say audi etc, again i simply removed the small plastics legs on theyre underside and refitted them with some sikkaflex, as for the underside of the car i used rubber washers and plastic screws to attach the skirt to the cars underside.
to be honest it was basically plug and pl:weight_lift2:ay doing this mod, definetely one of my best and easiest mods, heres a wee pic to give an idea, hth

calsaudidetail.jpg
[/IMG]

Reactions: Branko82
bluequattro thanks for that mate, any idea of what you paid for the parts from audi? Was it similar to my TPS quote?

Also are the skirts something that can be removed for re-sale? as they are bound to be worth more money off the car than they are on it

bluequattro thanks for that mate, any idea of what you paid for the parts from audi? Was it similar to my TPS quote?

Also are the skirts something that can be removed for re-sale? as they are bound to be worth more money off the car than they are on it
Hi smoothie, the
Skirts are easily removed from the car, ill get a price posted
Up today, once i find invoice m8, im sure my skirts were
A bit cheaper ;)

Cal

Hi smoothie, the
Skirts are easily removed from the car, ill get a price posted
Up today, once i find invoice m8, im sure my skirts were
A bit cheaper ;)

Cal

sweet mate, thanks for that, quite interested in these

smoothie i paid £102.21 plus vat for each skirt, and £ 5.67 plus vat for end caps, direct from audi parts store, this price was discounted as well hth

cal

yea mate the skirts are £120 odds from TPS and the end caps are £25 odds so some difference

i would never get that type of discount from audi, 15%max

I want skirts on my BE also those then some S3 alloys in anthracite for winter and ill be a happy man!!

I want skirts on my BE also those then some S3 alloys in anthracite for winter and ill be a happy man!!

yea mate they'll finish your car off nicely, obviously they some difference between 8P2 & 8P3 Skirts????

yea mate they'll finish your car off nicely, obviously they some difference between 8P2 & 8P3 Skirts????

Yeh once I get them I'll be sorted I think. Really want Benskins S3 rims as well. Dnt want to have to do it all myself lol.

With the sills then,i simply removed the small plastics legs on theyre underside and refitted them with some sikkaflex, as for the underside of the car i used rubber washers and plastic screws to attach the skirt to the cars underside.

calsaudidetail.jpg
[/IMG]

So the issue here is that there isn't enough clearance for the door to close? And by removing the legs the sill trim sits lower for the door to close over the top of them?

One of the best mods ive done so far m8, let me
Know if you need any help etc

Cal

One of the best mods ive done so far m8, let me
Know if you need any help etc

yea mate might call on that help alright lol and before when we talked about bolting the skirts on to the underside, no issues there?

I've seen them for sale there mate, but not much difference in price between there and Audi

i'm looking at fitting these skirts to my car next week. i have a audi a3 2004 2.0 tdi, which audi s3 skirts do i need? 8p, 8p2 or 8p3 or does it not matter? any help would be much appreciated. jon