Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Results 1 to 31 of 31
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bluequattro

Thread: A3/S3 SIDESKIRTS

  1. #1
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    46

    A3/S3 SIDESKIRTS

    I'm looking to change the sideskirts on my Audi A3 (2007 s-line) to the S3 sideskirts.
    Does anyone know if they are pretty easy to change over? And does anyone have the part numbers for the S3 sideskirts?

    Thanks

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,502
    someone said something about needing to change the kick plates. they're shorter on the S3 or something. some have been trimming theirs
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors


    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

  4. #3
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    big job mate, i've nearly done it a few times but backed out although i'm sure il eventually do it lol you'll need:

    2x Side Skirts
    2x End Caps
    2x Door Bottoms
    2x S3 logo sill plates

    comes to about Ł380 from TPS and then paint/fitting obviously
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  5. #4
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    big job mate, i've nearly done it a few times but backed out although i'm sure il eventually do it lol you'll need:

    2x Side Skirts
    2x End Caps
    2x Door Bottoms
    2x S3 logo sill plates

    comes to about Ł380 from TPS and then paint/fitting obviously
    Good to see you found out what was needed and how much.
    Who told you? S3 skirts will finish your car off nicely. I may do this I didn't know the parts were that cheap. Lucky my mate got tps account cheers for the parts smoothie
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  6. #5
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    Good to see you found out what was needed and how much.
    Who told you? S3 skirts will finish your car off nicely. I may do this I didn't know the parts were that cheap. Lucky my mate got tps account cheers for the parts smoothie
    who told me what was needed? There was a thread on VagOC that i followed to find out what was needed and then i contacted TPS about the cost of the parts, i reckon it will be closer to Ł500 after all the fittings and paint and then obviously putting them on!

    The main skirts are Ł130 each so ideally getting a second hand set of them and all the other parts new would greatly reduce the cost
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  7. #6
    Sarah's A3's Avatar
    MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cheshire to Perth AU
    Posts
    5,923
    I agree TPS are the best place to go to. Always done me well for sure.

    I was led to believe it was a fairly straightforward job to do the sideskirts, something I will definately do myself. Can't be too bad, worth a go.


    Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

  8. #7
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    who told me what was needed? There was a thread on VagOC that i followed to find out what was needed and then i contacted TPS about the cost of the parts, i reckon it will be closer to Ł500 after all the fittings and paint and then obviously putting them on!
    The main skirts are Ł130 each so ideally getting a second hand set of them and all the other parts new would greatly reduce the cost
    Aww just asked you, as you done a thread here but seemed you were not getting anyway.
    Painting and fitting not an issue for me my mate got a body shop so he can do it for me.
    Ł130 not bad....misses scratched my a3 passenger side wannabe skirt my dealer wanted Ł110 for a new part! May might was gonna spray it free so will get him to do this when I get them. Get some photos up once you done it mate

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    I agree TPS are the best place to go to. Always done me well for sure. I was led to believe it was a fairly straightforward job to do the sideskirts, something I will definately do myself. Can't be too bad, worth a go.
    love it how you do all your mods yourself Sar. Dave must be proud
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  9. #8
    Sarah's A3's Avatar
    MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cheshire to Perth AU
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post

    love it how you do all your mods yourself Sar. Dave must be proud
    Always try to do things myself. Satisfaction feels good. Learnt loads from Dave so yeah hes proud I guess lol. Will be interesting one day if we get an old Golf to work on, we will do it together, lots to learn but fun along the way. I should have been a mechanic, i'd have loved it.


    Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

  10. #9
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    Aww just asked you, as you done a thread here but seemed you were not getting anyway.
    Painting and fitting not an issue for me my mate got a body shop so he can do it for me.
    Ł130 not bad....misses scratched my a3 passenger side wannabe skirt my dealer wanted Ł110 for a new part! May might was gonna spray it free so will get him to do this when I get them. Get some photos up once you done it mate
    sorry mate i meant the actual fittings, not the fitting of the skirt! On that VagOC thread someone put up an ETKA page and it showed about 4-5 fittings/fixings which i didn't price couldn't be that expensive, il keep you up to date mate
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  11. #10
    Sarah's A3's Avatar
    MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cheshire to Perth AU
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    sorry mate i meant the actual fittings, not the fitting of the skirt! On that VagOC thread someone put up an ETKA page and it showed about 4-5 fittings/fixings which i didn't price couldn't be that expensive, il keep you up to date mate
    The fittings are pennies so not dear.


    Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

  12. #11
    PH1L's Avatar
    Gievf Buckets

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Forfar, Scotland
    Posts
    3,863
    there still is the issue that if your car doesnt come with skirts youve nowhere to fix them to on the underside


    2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

    Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

    Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

    Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

    Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

  13. #12
    S3 MRU's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Luton, Bedfordshire
    Posts
    756
    tigerseal

  14. #13
    PH1L's Avatar
    Gievf Buckets

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Forfar, Scotland
    Posts
    3,863
    haha i ment bolt on


    2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

    Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

    Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

    Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

    Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

  15. #14
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    408
    i completed this same mod some time ago guys, and as folks have said its very easy to fit the skirts as well, i purchased the s3 skirts from audi direct along with a couple of small plastic bags with fixings which fit into already predrilled holes in your a3s sills,

    i didnt purchase the plastic pieces for the door bottoms, i simply removed a few millimeters from them
    with a sander and they fit perfectly, as for the inner door sill trims which say audi etc, again i simply removed the small plastics legs on theyre underside and refitted them with some sikkaflex, as for the underside of the car i used rubber washers and plastic screws to attach the skirt to the cars underside.
    to be honest it was basically plug and play doing this mod, definetely one of my best and easiest mods, heres a wee pic to give an idea, hth

    [/IMG]
    Branko82 likes this.

  16. #15
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    bluequattro thanks for that mate, any idea of what you paid for the parts from audi? Was it similar to my TPS quote?

    Also are the skirts something that can be removed for re-sale? as they are bound to be worth more money off the car than they are on it
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  17. #16
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    bluequattro thanks for that mate, any idea of what you paid for the parts from audi? Was it similar to my TPS quote?

    Also are the skirts something that can be removed for re-sale? as they are bound to be worth more money off the car than they are on it
    Hi smoothie, the
    Skirts are easily removed from the car, ill get a price posted
    Up today, once i find invoice m8, im sure my skirts were
    A bit cheaper

    Cal

  18. #17
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by bluequattro View Post
    Hi smoothie, the
    Skirts are easily removed from the car, ill get a price posted
    Up today, once i find invoice m8, im sure my skirts were
    A bit cheaper

    Cal
    sweet mate, thanks for that, quite interested in these
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  19. #18
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    408
    smoothie i paid Ł102.21 plus vat for each skirt, and Ł 5.67 plus vat for end caps, direct from audi parts store, this price was discounted as well hth

    cal

  20. #19
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    yea mate the skirts are Ł120 odds from TPS and the end caps are Ł25 odds so some difference

    i would never get that type of discount from audi, 15%max
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  21. #20
    slade777's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    763
    I want skirts on my BE also those then some S3 alloys in anthracite for winter and ill be a happy man!!
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140
    .


  22. #21
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by slade777 View Post
    I want skirts on my BE also those then some S3 alloys in anthracite for winter and ill be a happy man!!
    yea mate they'll finish your car off nicely, obviously they some difference between 8P2 & 8P3 Skirts????
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  23. #22
    slade777's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    yea mate they'll finish your car off nicely, obviously they some difference between 8P2 & 8P3 Skirts????
    Yeh once I get them I'll be sorted I think. Really want Benskins S3 rims as well. Dnt want to have to do it all myself lol.
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140
    .


  24. #23
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    sweet well keep us updated plenty of people interested in this MOD
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  25. #24
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by bluequattro View Post
    With the sills then,i simply removed the small plastics legs on theyre underside and refitted them with some sikkaflex, as for the underside of the car i used rubber washers and plastic screws to attach the skirt to the cars underside.

    [/IMG]
    So the issue here is that there isn't enough clearance for the door to close? And by removing the legs the sill trim sits lower for the door to close over the top of them?
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  26. #25
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    408
    Hi m8, thats exactly right

    Cal

  27. #26
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by bluequattro View Post
    Hi m8, thats exactly right

    Cal
    cheers mate, just doing last little bits of research
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  28. #27
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    408
    One of the best mods ive done so far m8, let me
    Know if you need any help etc


    Cal

  29. #28
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    Quote Originally Posted by bluequattro View Post
    One of the best mods ive done so far m8, let me
    Know if you need any help etc
    yea mate might call on that help alright lol and before when we talked about bolting the skirts on to the underside, no issues there?
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  30. #29
    RedlineRob's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    26
    Is this a good source to order S3 parts from? has any one ordered from them on this forum?


    OEM Audi S3 8P Sportback side skirts -

  31. #30
    Smoothie's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurgan N.I
    Posts
    1,431
    I've seen them for sale there mate, but not much difference in price between there and Audi
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

  32. #31
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    124
    i'm looking at fitting these skirts to my car next week. i have a audi a3 2004 2.0 tdi, which audi s3 skirts do i need? 8p, 8p2 or 8p3 or does it not matter? any help would be much appreciated. jon

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO