Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    Interior Next!!

Status

Revo Select switch & prep for Stage 2+

hi guys,

basically im planning to go stage 2+ very soon. Unfortunately i have one of the cars with the dreaded misfire! After seeing Warrens mention of the TSB where Audi were building the engine with the wrong valve springs it got me worried.. I didnt want to get the car to Stage 2+ and it still happened..

so i took the car to Audi and explained i knew about the TSB and that id like the problem sorted at which they responded "is your car mapped"

So anyway i told them and straight away they were tryin to get out of it.. cut a long story short i gave them a full day of **** and then some friendly persuasion and they agreed they would sort the car out if i went back to stock... (including the "massive intake" as he put it)

so now im trying to get a Revo Select switch so i can take the map off the car..

can anyone clarify exactly how it works.. ive been on Revo website and i cant see anywhere to order a SPS unit and AmD tell me they dont sell them???

also... once i recieve the switch how does it work? do i plug it in and it just D/L's stage 1??

sorry if im being a knob but i been trying to sort this out all day with no luck (amongst working) sort of... i just need this sorted cause the thought of driving round stock makes me + i cant wait any longer for any more Horses

any help much appreciated as always!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 (8P)

Status
    For a quick fix get your local REVO agent to adjust the settings back to Zero so the car feels stock. Will do the job until you get a Select switch and can re-tweak the settings.

good luck
    Paul
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

Interweb creep

Status
    It's dead easy. It has a few pre set maps, one being stock. You simply plug it into the OBD2 port and it will put it back to stock. To put the performance map back on it's a case of setting the dial on the sps to your performance map position and plug it back in.

BBS SUPER RS FTW

Interior Next!!

Status
    Ok so where do I get it??
    S

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings

Interweb creep

Status
    Any revo dealer should either have one or be able to get one for you.

BBS SUPER RS FTW

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IanS3 View Post
    Any revo dealer should either have one or be able to get one for you.
    Interesting Amd said they can't get hold of one! Do awesome now do Revo? May ask them to mail to me!
    S

Interweb creep

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    Interesting Amd said they can't get hold of one! Do awesome now do Revo? May ask them to mail to me!

Yes, Awesome are now revo dealers. I just got mine off my revo guy on Saturday!

BBS SUPER RS FTW

Interior Next!!

Status
    Yes, Awesome are now revo dealers. I just got mine off my revo guy on Saturday!
    cheers ian!! will let you know how i get on!
    S

Interior Next!!

Status
    cant beleive how hard they are to get... like rocking horse ****!
    S

Interweb creep

Status
    Have you contacted Revo direct to see if they will sell you one?

BBS SUPER RS FTW

Interior Next!!

Status
    Have you contacted Revo direct to see if they will sell you one?
    yep, need to go to a direct delaer... AmD dont have any, Awesome dont have any and i called another dealer who also dont have any.. Awesome are getting back to me..

i would have thought they would stock these.. although they have recently changed the unit.. there is no select plus anymore! 149+vat delivered ive been quoted.. whos your revo guy Ian??
    S

Interweb creep

Status
    yep, need to go to a direct delaer... AmD dont have any, Awesome dont have any and i called another dealer who also dont have any.. Awesome are getting back to me..

i would have thought they would stock these.. although they have recently changed the unit.. there is no select plus anymore! 149+vat delivered ive been quoted.. whos your revo guy Ian??
    My revo man is Steve at TripleH Motorsport......I got his last one! Give him a shout and he might be able to help you. He is on 0191 2669878 or 07711120884, and tell him I sent you!

BBS SUPER RS FTW

Rarely neutral

Status
    Just contact Revo direct,and they'll get one to you.

3rd Gear

Status
    Phone around a few dealers, I just got one off Tutts of dorking, they only had one switch, (I had that one) but had a select Plus (all singing dancing one), that is the one that you have have it set to different maps settings, and just change the setting on the switch.

It is easy to use, just turn on ignition, select the number on the switch, IE turn knob to 1 for stock, plug it in to the connector where you plug in lead for vagcom, wait for a change of tone cannot remember which way around, then just pull it out, you do not have to leave it in.

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    Just contact Revo direct,and they'll get one to you.
    tried that one... no longer do it.. has to be from dealer...

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Butler View Post
    Phone around a few dealers, I just got one off Tutts of dorking, they only had one switch, (I had that one) but had a select Plus (all singing dancing one), that is the one that you have have it set to different maps settings, and just change the setting on the switch.

It is easy to use, just turn on ignition, select the number on the switch, IE turn knob to 1 for stock, plug it in to the connector where you plug in lead for vagcom, wait for a change of tone cannot remember which way around, then just pull it out, you do not have to leave it in.
    only thing is revo stopped selling these units now.. dont want support issues or anything..

i just want a basic revo selct swicth and i need it asap!
    S

3rd Gear

Status
    I'm in Kent if that helps? I could meet you and set your map up to stock?

Meteor S3, APR Stage 3, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, LOBA/Sach's Clutch, Bilstein PSS10's, H&R ARB, Gen4 Haldex PP, EVOM's DV & CAI, Forge TB with Pro-Alloy IC, BBS CK 19" My S3

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DeckedS3 View Post
    I'm in Kent if that helps? I could meet you and set your map up to stock?
    decked that could be a real help! im gonna try once more today if i dont get no luck might have to come meet you.. maybe even get a feel of stage 2+
    S

Interior Next!!

Status
    right im gettin knowhere with this, suppliers basocally dont want to know unless you have your car tuned there? not naming anyone but FFS a sale is a sale..

ok so Decked, if i was to come meet ya and go back to stock.. how would i get back to stage 1 once Audi have finished?? or is it a case of meet u again? which obv wouldnt be a problem!!

i cannot beleive how hard they are to get hold of.. bit **** really.
    S

Sharpest Tongue in the West

Status
    RYE, have you tried REVO direct? Thats normally how you get them, as places like AMD and the like don't sell them. When I had my car mapped, I was given a card with my map details on, and had to send away to REVO to get my select switch.
    Porsche Cayman S |Jeep Grand Cherokee|1988 Ford Fiesta XR2

www.essexdriversclub.com

5th Gear

Status
    There is a REVO select plus switch on the classifieds. Is that any use?
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by beanoir View Post
    RYE, have you tried REVO direct? Thats normally how you get them, as places like AMD and the like don't sell them. When I had my car mapped, I was given a card with my map details on, and had to send away to REVO to get my select switch.
    yeh they told me to go to a revo dealer!
    S

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS4cab View Post
    There is a REVO select plus switch on the classifieds. Is that any use?
    havent seen it and cant find it! if its the one Boydie was selling i think its gone!!
    S

5th Gear

Status
    How hard did u look.........

Revo SP3 switch - Audi-Sport.net Classifieds

Not sure i get why he is selling though?? Not overly clear...........
    "Dont get me wrong. Ugly girls need loving. Just not by me."

Interior Next!!

Status
    cheers james! it werent the right one for my car unfortunately! not to worry though.. just ordered one from JKM performance.. 185 inc Vat & delivery.. should be with me friday!!

can finally get back to stock sort these valve springs out then get my Milli and off to AmD for Stage 2+
    S

6th Gear

Status
    I am in Southminster if its not too late! I have SPS3.

What is the issue with the engine and valve?

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by finesse View Post
    I am in Southminster if its not too late! I have SPS3.

What is the issue with the engine and valve?
    typical!! too late now! all paid for..

i guess i would have prob needed my own one in the future anyway... cheers anyway pal!!
    S

Interior Next!!

Status
    ok so got my switch.. in 24 hours from JKM Performance.. (thanks)

just to clarify.. i need to get my car back to stock.. so am i right in saying i set the switch to stock mode (dial 1), plug it in and it will save my revo map on to performance A* (dial2), then obviously when im ready i just plug it in set on Dial2 and it will loap my map back on? i might be being really stupid here but i dont want to loose my map totally!
    S

6th Gear

Status
    Currently your map is on, switch the unit to 1, plug it in, wait for the beeps = stock/standard

4th Gear

Status
    ok so got my switch.. in 24 hours from JKM Performance.. (thanks)

just to clarify.. i need to get my car back to stock.. so am i right in saying i set the switch to stock mode (dial 1), plug it in and it will save my revo map on to performance A* (dial2), then obviously when im ready i just plug it in set on Dial2 and it will loap my map back on? i might be being really stupid here but i dont want to loose my map totally!
    Rye - The SPS/Select doesn't save your map onto it mate. The map stays on the car the whole time, but the switch adjusts the B/F/Tsettings.

So select 'stock' (which is effectively B0/F0/T0 IIRC) on the switch and plug into the OBD.
    Then switch the ignition on (dont start engine).
    You will here it beep a tone and when (after anything between straight away and 40 secs) you hear the tone change you will know the settings have been adjusted.
    Then you just switch ignition off and remove the switch.

Then when you want to put the settings back on you just do the same having selected A/B/C as you wish. This works the same for the anti-theft feature.

I have Select + and you can preset what the settings are using a laptop, but if you didnt get the adjustable one, the settings for A B C should be in the instructions - but I would imagine A is the correct one for Stage 1 performance.

Interior Next!!

Status
    cheers guys.. im a bit of a simpleton sometimes haha!
    S

is a retronaut

Status
    Just a quick point mate, I was under the impression the incorrect valves were fitted to early S3 engines such as Warren's, are you sure it's the same fault?
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

Interior Next!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Staz View Post
    Just a quick point mate, I was under the impression the incorrect valves were fitted to early S3 engines such as Warren's, are you sure it's the same fault?
    This is what I thought! But Audi technician said my car may well be affected! I feckin hope not! What shall I do? Don't really wanna start takin bits off for no reason
    S

is a retronaut

Status
    This is what I thought! But Audi technician said my car may well be affected! I feckin hope not! What shall I do? Don't really wanna start takin bits off for no reason
    I'd have a check with Warren mate, I wouldn't want them to start ripping my engine to bits without being sure. Plus if it's not that they may not be so willing to carry out further diagnostic work.
    8P2 S3

Status
    Hi,

I've searched high and low for the technical service bulletin on t'internet and cannot find it anywhere. Seems to have mysteriously vanished.

During the search the only similar document I was able to find was this (PDF download): LINK.

Supposedly there are a batch of cars with the wrong colour springs in them, mine NOT being one of them. My hesitation is supposedly caused by modifications (according to Audi), so after ignoring them I'm having the fuelling system checked when it goes in for a clutch.

Apologies, memory is too poor to remember the in's and out's but I hope this gives you something more useful than fresh air.
    Last edited by warren_S3; 30th October 2010 at 06:55.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Interior Next!!

Status
    Cheers warren! I don't know what to do now... Any recommendations? I don't fancy audi taking the car apart finding the right valve springs then saying it's down to mods you have to pay for rebuild
    S

is a retronaut

Status
    You're always more useful than fresh air Warren

Well it only says MY09 but who knows!
    8P2 S3

Interior Next!!

Status
    I'm gonna leave it then. Maybe the milli will sort it out, hopefully!
    S

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Staz View Post
    You're always more useful than fresh air Warren
    Unless your stuck in a lift with a fart

Staz I've put a link to this in the read this first sticky at the op of the A3(8P) section.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

is a retronaut

Status
    I'm gonna leave it then. Maybe the milli will sort it out, hopefully!
    It's a tough one mate but this may be your only opportunity to get them to do any diagnostic work for you gratis. I'm still trying to decide whether to take my Evoms out so they can have a look at my idling problem

Quote Originally Posted by warrencox View Post
    Unless your stuck in a lift with a fart

Staz I've put a link to this in the read this first sticky at the op of the A3(8P) section.

I saw mate
    8P2 S3