AH FabricationsEM Tuning

Thread: S3 8P To Golf R

Neutral

Status

S3 8P To Golf R

just wondering will the downpipe and decat pipe off an s3 fit onto the golf r? (aftermarket)

also would the itg intake and autotech fuelpump internals + would an s3 southbend clutch fit?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    i don't see why not, but that's purely an assumption.

a bit off topic but the Golf R is a strange car. i'd only be happy with it if i put a GTI kit on it. the GTI is a lot better looking
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    i don't see why not, but that's purely an assumption.

a bit off topic but the Golf R is a strange car. i'd only be happy with it if i put a GTI kit on it. the GTI is a lot better looking
    Disagree entirely! love the R's central exhausts compared to the small wheelbarrow look to the ones on the GTI. The R has DRL's in the front bumper which look better and its also lower and deeper. The R also has 19's which look better than the lumps of corrosion that are the GTi's Monzas!

I've seen a couple of GTI's with the R's LED rear lights recently so not sure if they are R specific anymore, just MY11 for both models.

Only thing the R needs is a honeycomb grille.
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    Disagree entirely! love the R's central exhausts compared to the small wheelbarrow look to the ones on the GTI. The R has DRL's in the front bumper which look better and its also lower and deeper. The R also has 19's which look better than the lumps of corrosion that are the GTi's Monzas!

I've seen a couple of GTI's with the R's LED rear lights recently so not sure if they are R specific anymore, just MY11 for both models.

Only thing the R needs is a honeycomb grille.
    they were never R specific.

give a GTI an aftermarket exhaust and it's the perfect car. there's an aftermarket kit which some feel looks tacky but i love. it's the best of both worlds. it still looks like a GTI but has your beloved DRLs

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GIlsuSZq_V...Ti+Razor+7.jpg
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

Audi Heaven

Status
    Golf R has 18" as standard, the 19" are optional. The Golf R is a nice car but it's too expensive against the S3.
    The rear lights were standard on the R and were standard on the GTi from MY10 much to the annoyance of the owners of the first GTi's!!
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

1st Gear

Status
    i also believe that if you spec xenons on the gti they now come with built in led's aka similar to the s3...
    Past cars.....

52 Leon cupra r
    54 Mini cooper s works
    05 golf gti
    07 type r
    57 R32
    08 leon cupra k1
    Red S3 sportback now gone..
    11 A4 136 diesel black edition

Current...

S3 sportback Ibis white pan roof..
    nice to be back after diesel power

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeHS3 View Post
    just wondering will the downpipe and decat pipe off an s3 fit onto the golf r? (aftermarket)

also would the itg intake and autotech fuelpump internals + would an s3 southbend clutch fit?

Thanks
    i think all those parts should fit as they are mechanically identical, and the downpipes will be designed to run the same path.
    Golf R- overpriced, and inferior interior, why!
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

Neutral

Status
    reason is i had a little bump in the s3 and it looks like its going to need replacing and was thinking of getting another s3.. but im really liking the R aswell

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by akash_sky1 View Post
    i think all those parts should fit as they are mechanically identical, and the downpipes will be designed to run the same path.
    Golf R- overpriced, and inferior interior, why!
    no doubt this is going to raise some debate, but the Mk VI's interior is a much nicer place to be than the 8P's. it's infotainment system is better too

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: